My Cornbread Muffins. These tender and sweet cornbread muffins are the perfect side to any Southern barbecue or Southwestern-style dish. My kids love them so much that I'm constantly swatting their little hands. Random comparison, but I promise it's true.
This recipe yields a savory muffin with just enough sweet to complement the cornmeal! In my opinion, good cornbread should be golden & crumbly and walk the line between sweet and savory. These corn muffins do just that. You can have My Cornbread Muffins using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Cornbread Muffins
- Prepare 1 box of jiffy corn muffin mix.
- It’s 1/3 cup of butter melted.
- You need 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
Cornbread Muffins – homemade, baked from scratch tasty and moist corn muffins with an addition From the comfort of my kitchen, I would testify that homemade cornbread muffins from scratch are. Cornbread muffins are basically cornbread baked in the form of muffins whereas corn muffins are a muffin recipe made with similar ingredients but a lot more sugar. Corn muffins are often eaten as a. These corn muffins are basically the corniest of corn muffins out there!
My Cornbread Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F..
- Line a 6-12 cavity muffin tin with cooking spray or muffin papers..
- In a medium bowl mix all the ingredients together..
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin papers filling about ¾ full..
- Bake for 14-16 minutes..
- **NOTE: if you don't have any buttermilk add 2 tsp vinegar to ¾ cup of milk and let stand for 5 minutes before using..
If you've ever made cornbread, you know that you typically use much more flour than cornmeal, but in these muffins. Sometimes I like sugar in my cornbread. These muffins were a bit too sweet for my taste. This Gluten-Free Cornbread recipe can be made into gluten-free cornbread muffins or in the gluten-free I like to make my Gluten-Free Cornbread into muffins so it's easy for people to grab-and-go. Evenly divide the cornbread mixture into the papers.