Potato omelette with spinach and mushroom (Frittata di patate con spinaci e funghi). A tasty frittata made with potatoes, spinach, garlic, green onions, and cheese. This is my recipe and I am always changing and adding things. Sweet Potatoes) Stinco di maiale al forno con patate (Oven-Roasted Pork Hock and Potatoes) Frittata di pane (Bread Frittata) Frittata al basilico (Fresh Basil Frittata) Patate alla lucana (Basilicata Potato Casserole) Gratin di cavolini di Bruxelles e funghi (Brussels Sprouts and Mushroom Gratin).
It's the perfect hearty way to start off the morning! In order to cut down on prep time make the mushroom and spinach filling the day before! Healthy and satisfying weeknight frittata with potatoes, onions, red peppers, spinach, and ground turmeric. You can have Potato omelette with spinach and mushroom (Frittata di patate con spinaci e funghi) using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato omelette with spinach and mushroom (Frittata di patate con spinaci e funghi)
- Prepare 3 pcs of medium size potato (cut into small sizes).
- Prepare of Spinach.
- It’s of Mushroom.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of margarine/butter.
- Prepare of Oregano (powdered).
- Prepare of Parsley (powdered).
- Prepare of Basil (powdered).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 cup of grana padano/parmesan.
I love to cut small fingerling potatoes into slices, and then sauté them with onions, red peppers, spinach and scallions. Use bagged, presliced mushrooms and baby spinach for this and it will come together very quickly. The frittata is great for dinner, breakfast, brunch or lunch. Using potato gnocchi instead of the more traditional sliced potato turns this frittata into a one-pan wonder, simple enough for busy weeknights.
Potato omelette with spinach and mushroom (Frittata di patate con spinaci e funghi) instructions
- Cook potatoes in a pot with water and 1tbsp salt.
- In a pan, sauté spinach and mushroom. Season with salt, pepper, parsley and basil. When water is fully evaporated, add 1tbsp margarine/butter, continue sautéing for 1-2mins.
- When both are cooked, let it cool down. You don't want your eggs cooked in it if it's warm..
- In a bowl, beat 3 eggs. Add 1/4 cup grana padano/parmesan. Season with a bit of salt, pepper, oregano and 1tbsp nutmeg. Mix.
- Mix potatoes, sautéed spinach and mushroom in the egg batter. Make sure to mix well.
- Transfer to a baking pan. I used a non-stick small baking pan.
- Bake in the oven for 20minutes at 180°c.
Beat the eggs with some salt and pepper in a bowl or jug. Turn the heat down to medium-low. Stir the gnocchi gently into the spinach mixture and pour. This Potato Frittata has sharp cheddar cheese, thinly sliced potato, and scallions for a flavorful savory breakfast dish. If you've never had a frittata before, it's basically a giant omelet that's started on the stove and finished in the oven.