Beef Torta Omelette (Filipino). Tortang Giniling is a Filipino ground beef omelette. It is unique in that the omelette is made more like a fritter and is filled with lots of beef and veggies. "Torta" is a word that you find variations of used in many cultures (Spanish, for example, and a variant in the French "tarte"). It is used to describe a.
My mother-in-law makes them into big servings, almost like a frittata. This recipe can be used for either, but I'm listing directions for the. Generally served for breakfast, countless fillings such as onions, garlic, tomatoes, corned beef, potatoes, capsicums, raisins. and possibly leftovers from previous day's meal like grilled eggplant, ground, chopped or shredded pork and beef are used. You can have Beef Torta Omelette (Filipino) using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Torta Omelette (Filipino)
- You need 1 of medim red onion, peeled, chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, peeled, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 of kilo ground beef.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- It’s 2 of large potato, peeled, cubed small.
- You need 3 of large eggs, beaten.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Torta (or tortilla) is a Filipino omelette made with ground beef. My mother makes them into individual size patties, which I called mini hamburgers when I was younger. My mother-in-law makes them into big servings, almost like a frittata. This recipe can be used for either, but I'm listing direction.
Beef Torta Omelette (Filipino) step by step
- In a nonstick frying pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and then garlic, cooking until just softened. Add beef and cook until cooked through. Season with soy sauce and ground black pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl, leaving any excess fat in the pan. Set bowl aside.
- In the same pan with the oil, add potatoes. Cook until tender, stirring regularly. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Transfer to the bowl, and mix with the beef. Let cool slightly. Add the eggs, season with salt and pepper, and mix until well blended.
- Heat the nonstick pan again over medium heat. Spoon about half the beef mixture into the pan, spreading the beef and potatoes in a single layer. Cook until browned and firm on all sides. Using a spatula, flip the omelet over and cook until browned. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining beef. Serve while hot..
The Spanish term "torta" means flat cake, and "talong" is eggplant in Filipino. Also sometimes called as Tortang Tagalog. This eggplant omelet is just Variations of Eggplant Omelette. Tortang Talong is open to so many variations from the filling to the dips. You can pretty much put anything savory in it.