Wild Mulberry Muffins. I might be just lucky, but there are several 'wild' mulberry trees close to where I live, so there are But my favourite way is by making Mulberry Muffins. I add a fair amount of cinnamon and even serve it. I finally got the chance to go to the Lexington Farmer's Market this past Saturday.
You can use blueberry or raspberry instead of. These wild mulberries are delicious and rich in flavors. Today I'm reposting my favorite mulberry recipe from last year. You can have Wild Mulberry Muffins using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Wild Mulberry Muffins
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of white sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/4 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- It’s 2 cups of mulberries (fresh, but flash freezes).
- Prepare of White sparkling sugar to top.
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
I've been waiting all year for the first ripe berries to grow on our mulberry tree and we harvested our first three. Mulberries are a superfood that's worth mulling over! Our dried mulberries have a naturally sweet flavor with no added sugar. Use your favorite recipe and substitute mulberries for any fruit called I once lived on a farm in western Washington, state, where thorny blackberry vines grew wild and the.
Wild Mulberry Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream together butter, sugar and eggs in a stand mixer (for best results) for about 1-1.5 minutes..
- Add almond extract and milk. Slowly add in flour, salt, and baking powder until mixed into a dough..
- Add frozen mulberries and mix on low until combined, but be careful not to crush the mulberries (this is why I freeze)..
- Divide muffins into 6 large muffins! Use a large muffin dish with baking spray to prevent sticking (or line with large cupcake liners)..
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffin six with sparkling white sugar as desired. I tend to add about 1-2 tbsp of sugar to each muffin!.
- Bake for 30 minutes on 375°F and cool! Enjoy warm or after they’ve cooled..
Jumbo muffins with generous muffin top and blueberries peaking out of the soft cake, and that crunchy streusel was just like frosting on the cake. My go to meal used to be Tri-Tip with baked sweet potato. Take your pick from blueberry muffins, banana muffins or even lemon drizzle muffins. They're delicious as an on-the-go breakfast or an afternoon treat – or both! It is generally a short-lived tree with a lifespan comparable to that of humans.