Scones. A scone (/skoʊn/, also UK: /skɒn/) is a baked good, usually made of wheat, or oatmeal with baking powder as a leavening agent and baked on sheet pans. This is a basic scone recipe that you can keep plain or you can add mix-ins to make something more like an American style bakery scone. Scones are the easiest British teatime treat and chances are that you will have all the ingredients for this recipe already.
Bake up scones you can enjoy for breakfast, afternoon tea, or dessert with our recipes for sweet and savory pastries. This scone recipe makes a scone that is similar to what you find in all the coffeehouses these days. Using buttermilk, instead of heavy cream, and omitting the egg makes a lighter, more bread-like. You can have Scones using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Scones
- You need 2 of eggs beated.
- You need 150 g of melted butter.
- Prepare 4 Cups of self raising flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 400 ml of plain Greek yogurt.
Make classic scones with this easy recipe, perfect for everyday baking and occasions. Find more baking and cake recipes at BBC Good Food. The only scone recipe you'll need. Whether you slather yours in clotted cream or dollop strawberry jam on first, this baked treat is SO The Only Scone Recipe You'll EVER Need. by Delish UK.
- Mix butter,eggs, yoghurt and combine well. Combine the dry ingredients together by sifting through a sieve..
- Open a well in the flour and pour the liquids,mix well using your hands until combined..
- The mixture will remain slightly sticky so turn on a floured surface and spread evenly using a rolling pin..
- Roll out until the dough is about 1.5cm thick.Cut out the dough using a cookie cutter into even circles..
- Place flat on a greased pan. Brush the top of scones with milk just slightly ensuring the milk only covers the top of the scones..
- Bake at 190°C for 10-15 minutes until golden brown..
These scones are made with a food processor which is not only faster, it eliminates the risk of This is how I make plain scones. They are soft and fluffy on the inside, with the signature "flaky folds" when. Перевод слова scone, американское и британское произношение, транскрипция brown scone — лепёшка из непросеянной муки to do one's scone — разг. потерять терпение control moment. See more ideas about scones, scone recipe, recipes. Soft, tender, and bursting with flavor, these White Chocolate Raspberry Scones are sure to be a hit for breakfast or brunch! These Apple Cinnamon Scones are filled with chopped apple, spices, and are incredibly soft and A long time ago, I use to think scones were just dry and bland.