Chicken 🐔 and Waffles 🧇with a Spicy 🥵Maple Sauce. While your chicken is baking in the oven, you can whip up this spicy sweet Sriracha maple yogurt sauce to drizzle over your chicken and waffles. If you're not a fan of spicy food, leave out the jalapeño and take it easy on the Sriracha. The yogurt helps cool down the flavor a bit, so don't be.
Place waffles in a single layer on the same baking sheet. To assemble, lay three pieces of chicken on top of each waffle, top with another waffle and drizzle with syrup as desired. A healthier twist on chicken and waffles, these chicken cutlets are breaded with whole grain waffle crumbs and baked in the oven. You can cook Chicken 🐔 and Waffles 🧇with a Spicy 🥵Maple Sauce using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken 🐔 and Waffles 🧇with a Spicy 🥵Maple Sauce
- It’s 1 lb. of frozen chicken strips.
- It’s of Waffles (frozen) OR fresh !!! 🥰.
- You need 3/4 cup of maple syrup.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of crushed red pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Tabasco sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of margarine or butter.
The maple sauce is the perfect spicy-sweet compliment to the chicken. The maple sauce is the perfect spicy-sweet compliment to the chicken. A few more crispy chicken recipes I love are Sesame Crusted Chicken and Tortilla Encrusted A healthier twist on chicken and waffles, these chicken cutlets are breaded with whole grain waffle crumbs and baked in the oven. Drizzle some of the maple sauce over each and serve at once.
Chicken 🐔 and Waffles 🧇with a Spicy 🥵Maple Sauce step by step
- Prepare chicken strips by cooking in oven according to package directions……. When done set to the side……
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan on low heat mix together maple syrup, black pepper, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, Tabasco sauce and butter or margarine…..
- Cook maple syrup mixture until all ingredients are blended…..set saucepan to the side when done……
- Heat your waffles either in your toaster OR in a waffle iron…….
- Place waffles on a plate, then pour about a tablespoon of maple syrup onto each waffle…….
- Place about 3 – 4 chicken strips on top of each waffle……
- Top chicken with maple syrup, then serve and enjoy 😉!!! You can eat it as an open sandwich or top each waffle with another waffle on top !! 😋.
Classic Chicken and Waffles is the perfect mix if sweet and savory. I use a buttermilk waffle and boneless chicken topped with pure maple syrup. The mustard will add a spicy kick that, along with milder greens, pops and zings in your mouth but not too much. Crispy vegan chickpea chicken on top off fluffy waffles topped with spicy maple syrup! The cutlets are made from a combination of chickpeas and vital wheat gluten, which gives it a satisfying, meaty They're paired with fluffy waffles and a spicy-sweet maple syrup that will have you licking your plate.