Southwest skillet breakfast 🍳. This Vegan Southwest Breakfast Skillet is made with spiced potatoes, black beans, onions, red pepper and topped with avocado and fresh cilantro. Such a flavorful, delicious brunch recipe! This post is sponsored by Le Creuset.
Need a reason to get the campfire started in the morning? This Southwest Turkey and Egg Breakfast Skillet is a delicious and filling way to start your day! Southwest seasoned ground turkey and scrambled eggs are topped with cheese, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and salsa. You can cook Southwest skillet breakfast 🍳 using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Southwest skillet breakfast 🍳
- It’s 1 cup of frozen hash browns.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced purple onion.
- You need 2 of diced portobello mushrooms.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced green pepper.
- It’s 1/2 of of a jalepeno FINELY diced.
- It’s 1 cup of diced cheddar smoked sausage or you could use ground Chorizo.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of shredded Mexican cheese.
- It’s 1 of corn tortilla cut into thin strips.
- It’s To taste of Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, pepper, sazon, adobo.
It's perfect for meal prep, a weekend breakfast or even dinner! ~ This easy Southwestern Breakfast Skillet Scramble recipe is a fresh, healthy take on restaurant "skillet" breakfasts. So good … true breakfast comfort food! Filled with peppers, onions, cheese and even a bit of smoky bacon. Bonus: Not only is it simple to toss together, but leftovers reheat brilliantly.
Southwest skillet breakfast 🍳 instructions
- Heat oil to 375 either in a deep fryer or put a half inch of oil in a shallow fry pan and heat to 375..
- Fry tortilla strips until crispy and place them on a paper towel. Fry both eggs to desired doneness in the same oil..
- In a pan mix the potatoes, onion, peppers and spices and cook them for 5 minutes on medium heat..
- Remove and place in a bowl and top with eggs and tortillas strips and cheese..
- You can serve with salsa and tortillas if you like..
- Mix in mushrooms and your smoked sausage. Cook another 5-7 minutes until hash brown potatoes are crispy..
Add some adventure into your morning routine with our Southwest-Style Cheesy Breakfast Skillet recipe. Packed with delicious Tex-Mex flavors like jalapeño and red peppers, cilantro and chunky salsa, Southwest-Style Cheesy. Remove skillet from heat and add crumbled bacon, green onion, guac as desired. Sausage, peppers, potatoes and cheddar topped with an over easy egg for a perfect start to any morning. This recipe came from an estate sale.