Smoked Sausage Breakfast. Breakfast Sausage and Veggies SkilletThe Cookware Geek. Breakfast sausage (or country sausage) is a type of fresh pork sausage usually served at breakfast in the United States. In the United States, the predominant flavorings used for seasoning are black pepper or sage.
I combine sausage, eggs, cheese, and a few vegetables (have to keep the doctor happy). Smoked sausage adds tons of flavor to this hearty Southern stew that hails from South Carolina. While hash traditionally appears on breakfast or brunch menus, it's hearty enough for dinner too. You can cook Smoked Sausage Breakfast using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoked Sausage Breakfast
- Prepare 1 package (14 ounce) of smoked sausage).
- Prepare 10 of eggs.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of crushed red pepper.
- It’s 1/8 cup of milk or creamer.
- You need of Olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded triple cheddar cheese.
- You need of Green onions for topping.
Sausages like andouille and kielbasa are cooked in a smokehouse before packaging. Although you can eat fully-cooked sausage right away, you can also cook it using a stove, oven, or grill. Perfectly smoked & spiced, our breakfast sausage has been a staple on tables from the very beginning. Whether it's patties or links, no plate is complete without it, including yours!
Smoked Sausage Breakfast instructions
- Slice up your smoked sausage, set to the side…….
- In a large bowl combine eggs, black pepper and crushed red pepper, set bowl to the side……
- Now add in your milk or creamer, whisk lightly…….
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan……..
- Take your sliced onion and smoked sausage and sauté in olive oil until onion is slightly tender and sausage is browned…….
- Add in your egg mixture, stir lightly…….
- Reduce heat to low and add your shredded triple cheddar cheese on top of eggs, stir lightly then add some chopped green onions on top of cheese, cover until cheese has melted and eggs are set……..
- Serve and enjoy 😉!.
Smoked sausage may rock your taste buds on the grill, but if you pitch in a few more ingredients, you can transition this savory flavor of summer into a few dishes that will have you coming back for more. Makes a delicious, homemade breakfast sausage using ground pork and an assortment of spices. Like other reviewers, I was in search of a recipe to make breakfast sausage since I cannot have. A homemade breakfast sausage recipe needs a subtle seasoning that's not going to overpower everything else on the plate but must deliver a tasty British breakfast banger. Andouille sausage, a classical Louisiana smoked sausage made with coarsely ground or chopped pork, simple spices and smoked heavily.