Eggs Benedict. Looking for recipes from world-class chefs that will impress family, friends or guests? The Inspired Home is the choice for all your recipe needs. Hot buttered English muffins, Canadian-style bacon, and poached eggs are topped with a heavenly drizzle of hollandaise sauce.
Break cold eggs, one at a time, into custard cup or saucer. Holding dish close to water's surface, carefully slip eggs into water. Cook, stirring frequently, until heated through and beginning to turn lightly brown around the. You can have Eggs Benedict using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggs Benedict
- Prepare of For the benedict.
- It’s 3/4 C. of or 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 3 of large egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp. of Fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of Cayenne.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of For the poached eggs:.
- It’s 1 of Tbso. White distilled vinegar.
- It’s of Sea salt.
- It’s 8 of large eggs.
- You need of For the hollandaise:and assembly:.
- You need 4 of English muffins, split.
- It’s 8 slices of Canadian bacon or thick-cut ham.
- It’s 2 Tbsp. of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/4 C. of Chopped chives or green onions.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of Chopped dill or 2 tsp. Dried dill.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Assemble the Benedict: Place eight halves of English muffin on a plate and butter them generously. Top each with a slice of Canadian bacon, ham or bacon, then a poached egg. Fill a large, wide pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Add the vinegar and reduce the heat until the water in the pan has no more bubbles.
Eggs Benedict step by step
- Make the hollandaise: Melt the butter in a small pot over medium-high heat until it's foamy but not yet beginning to brown, 3-4 minutes..
- Place egg yolks and 2 tsp. water into a blender. Start blender and then very slowly add the hot, melted butter until fully combined. Add lemon juice and cayenne, season with salt and pepper. Pour into a bowl with plastic wrap directly on the surface so the top doesn't create a skin on top. Set aside..
- Poach the eggs: Crack eggs into a strainer and let the watery whites run out. There will still be whites remaining. Fill a sauce pan with 3 inches of water. Add vinegar and salt and bring to a simmer. Just starting to bubble not boil. Using a spoon stir water until it is swirling. Carefully drop 1 or 2 eggs at a time into center of vortex, allowing the whites to envelop the yolks. 4-5 minutes until whites are set and yolk still runny. Repeat with remaining eggs..
- Use splotted spoon to remove eggs and place on paper towels or clean dish towel to drain..
- Toast choice of bread in toaster or oven until golden brown..
- Cook Canadian bacon or ham in a skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown and just crisp around the edges. About 6 minutes..
- Assemble: Place 8 halves of bagels or choice of bread on a plate and butter generously. Top each with Canadian bacon or ham, and poached egg. Spoon hollandaise sauce over top and aprinle with dill, sea salt, cayenne and pepper..
Very close to the surface of the water, crack the. Eggs Benedict, it's the brunch classic that always impresses, and it's easier to make than you might think. We'll show you how to do it. You might think making a classic Benny is beyond you, but break it down, and it's just a few basic parts: toast, ham, poached eggs, and hollandaise. Eggs Benedict is a traditional breakfast dish composed of an English muffin topped with Canadian ham, poached eggs, and hollandaise sauce.