Lee's Southern Hashbrown Casserole. This Southern Hash Brown Casserole is a potato lovers dream! Creamy and tart with a bit of sweetness from the oven, this may be the best Blue Ribbon Recipe. What a deliciously cheesy hash brown casserole.
The Most Purchased Thanksgiving Side Dish in Every Southern State. The Vintage Tomato Pudding My Family Fights Over Every Thanksgiving. Perfect as a side dish for brunch or dinner, this creamy and crunchy hash brown casserole always fits the bill. You can have Lee's Southern Hashbrown Casserole using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lee's Southern Hashbrown Casserole
- Prepare 350 of Degree Preheated Oven.
- It’s of (1) 26 Ounce Bag Frozen Hashbrowns Completely Thawed.
- It’s 4 Tablespoons of Butter.
- Prepare 1/2 of Medium Sized Onion Diced.
- It’s 2 Cloves of Garlic Minced.
- You need 1 of Small Can Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup.
- You need 1 Cup of Sour Cream.
- It’s 8 Ounces of Shredded Colby Jack Cheese.
- It’s of to Taste Salt and Pepper.
Southerners are unapologetic about their fondness for hashbrown casseroles. Also known as "Funeral Casserole," its creamy goodness has comforted the. This simple hash brown casserole features a buttery cornflake crust and is a favorite side for both casual family gatherings and holiday celebrations. Instead of cornflakes, use crumbled kettle chips or Ritz crackers for a more salty, crunchy casserole topping.
Lee's Southern Hashbrown Casserole step by step
- Melt butter in a medium sized saute pan, over medium high heat. Add chopped onion, and saute until softened. Around 5-6 minutes. Add minced garlic, about the last minute or so..
- Add the thawed hashbrowns, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and melted butter mixture, into a large mixing bowl. Combine well. Add shredded cheese. Continue to combine well. A stand mixer works wonders doing this!!.
- Place hashbrown mixture into a well greased 9×13" glass baking dish. Lightly smooth mixture evenly. Bake uncovered at 350 for approximately 50-60 minutes, or until casserole is bubbly and starting to brown on top. Let rest for 20 minutes. Cut into squares, serve and enjoy!!.
Dress this casserole up with some. Hashbrown Casserole that includes cheese, buttery Ritz crackers, cubed potatoes, and sour cream to up the flavor level to unbelievable. There are two primary hash brown casserole recipes (although countless variations exist). The first one is what I think of as a "cheesy" hash brown casserole. I put my idea to work using this crazy good casserole as my test project.