Sour Sambal Onion (BRAMBANG ASEM). How to make "sambal Brambang asem" same as making "Rujak – salad sauce" or other condiment, the difference is Brambang (onion) and paste burned first before use. Brambang taste of tamarind itself is a blend between taste spicy, sour, salty and sweet — depending on the tastes of the maker. How to make sambal Brambang asem same as making Rujak – salad sauce or other condiment, the difference is Brambang (onion) and paste burned first before use.
Brambang asem indeed typical food in the culinary treasures Soloraya. This dish is actually simple, just made of sweet potato leaves. Keep in mind "Brambang" the Java language of onion, and Asem mean tamarind. You can have Sour Sambal Onion (BRAMBANG ASEM) using 30 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sour Sambal Onion (BRAMBANG ASEM)
- It’s 2 bunches of sweet potato (yam) leaves.
- It’s 6 pcs of shallot (Brambang), burned.
- Prepare of SAMBAL.
- It’s 6 pcs of cayenne peppers.
- It’s 1 pc of curly red chilis.
- It’s 2 stalks (1 tbsp) of sour Java / tamarind.
- Prepare 50 gr of sugar.
- You need 1/3 tsp of salt.
- You need 4-6 tbsp of boiled water.
- Prepare 1 pinch of roasted shrimp paste.
- You need of TOFU STARCH.
- You need of Tofu, cut to taste and fry.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 150 gr of starch.
- You need 50 gr of flour.
- It’s 100 ml of boiling water.
- It’s 1 pinch of pepper powder.
- You need to taste of Sugar and salt.
- Prepare of Vegetables according to taste, thinly sliced.
- Prepare of GEMBUS BACEM.
- Prepare to taste of Tempe gembus, cut.
- Prepare 3 pcs of shallot.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander.
- It’s 1 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 cm of piece galangal, crushed.
- It’s 150 cc of coconut water.
- It’s of Brown sugar to taste, adjust the sweetness.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Cooking oil for frying.
Brambang asem indeed typical food in the culinary treasures Soloraya. This dish is actually simple, just made of sweet potato leaves. Keep in mind "Brambang" the Java language of onion, and Asem mean tamarind. Brambang asem indeed typical food in the culinary treasures Soloraya.
Sour Sambal Onion (BRAMBANG ASEM) instructions
- TOFU STARCH : a) Split the middle out and remove the contents, set aside. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and pour boiling water little by little, stirring until dough just right, add the stuffing out and mix back..
- b) Fill the dough in the middle out, and then fry tofu until golden and cooked dough. Remove and drain..
- GEMBUS BACEM : a) Grind coriander, salt, shallots and garlic. Set aside..
- b) Arrange the tempeh gembus in the pan. Put coconut milk, ginger and bay leaves to sink. Cook until boiling, then add the subtle flavor..
- c) Wait until boiling again with the seasoning. Then add the brown sugar, after the water is reduced and the sweetness feels quite good, turn off the heat..
- d) When will be fried, new drain fried in hot oil. Do not let dry fry..
- SAMBAL : a) Puree all ingredients are chilli, shallots, shrimp paste, tamarind and salt. Enter the sugar then crushed again..
- b) After a smooth and well blended, remove the sauce into a container..
- VEGETABLES : a) Wash the leaves of sweet potato, remove stalks and boil the water with a little salt..
- b) Once the leaves are cooked, remove and rinse with cold water and place it in the container..
- Serve potato leaves by watering seasoning sauce, and additional Gembus bacem and Tofu starch..
- NOTE : Menjes/Gembus is soy-based foods commonly found in East Java, Indonesia. In the area of Malang there are two types of menjes, namely menjes rough texture (called menjes beans) and a finely textured menjes (called menjes rag). Menjes said to be the same as the tempe gembus found in Central Java and Yogyakarta. Menjes coarse texture made of black soybean or soybean dregs, but there is also a call made from a mixture of beans and soybeans, cassava fiber and soybean meal. Meanwhile, finely textured menjes made from pulp-making tofu and coconut pulp. These foods usually fried with flour and eaten with chili sauce..
Keep in mind "Brambang" the Java language of onion, and Asem mean tamarind. Brambang asem indeed typical food in the culinary treasures Soloraya. This dish is actually simple, just made of sweet potato leaves. A sweet and sour chili salsa (sambal) is delicious in combination with vegetable dishes. Today, I make Beb's sambal asem.