Tuna Pasta Salad. This Tuna Pasta Salad with shell noodles, peas, tuna, celery, and Greek yogurt is fast, healthy, and a dish your whole family can enjoy! This healthy tuna pasta salad recipe is tasty, filling, and great for a light summer meal. It's a fabulous make-ahead pasta salad that's perfect for gatherings like potlucks or BBQs.
My Tuna Pasta Salad is the perfect picnic lunch or anytime meal. I love pasta salads and I'm a big tuna salad fan, so this classic tuna pasta salad is something I can really enjoy. While this easy tuna macaroni salad is great for picnics and barbecues. You can cook Tuna Pasta Salad using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tuna Pasta Salad
- You need 1 cup of whole wheat pasta (shape of choice).
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot, peeled and shredded.
- Prepare 1 can (5 oz.) of tuna, drained and flaked.
- You need 2 tbsp. of finely diced red onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of Juice from 1 small lemon.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each salt, pepper, salt free all purpose seasoning.
Keep your tuna pasta salad in a sealed container so it doesn't absorb the flavors of the other things in the refrigerator. And if taking to a potluck, put ice packs in a cooler around it to keep it chilled! Mustard and dill really add wonderful flair to the flavor of this simple salad. It's really very inexpensive to serve.—Pat Kordas, Nutley, New Jersey.
Tuna Pasta Salad instructions
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. In the last two minutes of its cook time, stir in the peas. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water..
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, peas, carrots and onion. Drizzle in the oil and lemon juice, then add the seasonings. Toss it all together, then stir in the tuna, so it stays in larger chunks..
- That's it! Let it chill in a covered container in the fridge until you're ready to eat. This will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days..
This Tuna Pasta Salad recipe is my riff on Garduno's restaurant pasta salad. Gardunos is my favorite little local Italian spot, and they make an amazing Italian tuna pasta salad that my family has loved. How to make tuna pasta salad. This next part is only a photo tutorial of the recipe steps. If you're looking for the full recipe measurements and instructions, scroll down to Recipe Details.