Low Carb Braised Beef Stew. Low Carb Beef Stew Boeuf Bourguignon is a French classic that consists of beef stew braised in red wine and usually flavoured with carrots, onions, mushrooms, garlic, a bouquet garni and sometimes potatoes and peas. The best low carb vegetables for beef stew are: celery, mushrooms, green beans, celery root, turnips, rutabaga, and radishes. Meat Low Carb Recipes on Yummly Low Carb Beef Stew, Crock-pot Beef Stew keto / Low Carb, Low Carb Instant Pot Or Stovetop Hearty Beef Stew.
Cove and let it simmer until the beef is tender. Add any veggie you're craving on in for a low carb vegetable soup FULL of flavor! Turn this into a low carb beef stew cauliflower or a brussel sprout soup, just be sure to roast, saute or steam before adding any veggies in. You can have Low Carb Braised Beef Stew using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Low Carb Braised Beef Stew
- You need 1 kg of Beef (any tough cut eg beef cheeks) cut into large chunks.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour.
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare 2 of Brown Onions – sliced.
- Prepare 2 of Bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp of Crushed Garlic.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- It’s 2 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Chilli Flakes.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Tomato Paste.
- You need 4 cups of Beef Stock.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 7 of Red Radishes.
- It’s 2 Stalks of Celery (roughly chopped).
- Prepare 4 of Carrots (rougly chopped).
- It’s of Olive Oil.
Feel free to add fresh tomatoes as well. Beef Stew with Low Carb 'Potatoes' Rosemary and Red Wine Braised Lamb Shanks; Pot Roast; Moroccan Pulled Lamb; Mexican Pulled Pork; One Pot Coq au Vin; Print Pin. A low carb lamb stew made with turnips or swede/rutabaga and suitable for pressure cooking, slow cooking and stove top. This Low-Carb Beef Bourguignon Stew can be made ahead and reheated.
Low Carb Braised Beef Stew instructions
- Preheat the oven to 160°C degrees fan forced. Season the flour with salt & pepper and cover the beef with the seasoned flour and batch fry to seal the meat in a oven ready cast iron pan. Remove the meat and set aside..
- In the same pan add the onion, bay leaves and garlic and fry until lightly browned. Adding a dash of water to scrape any meat residue from the bottom of the pan..
- Add the spices (paprika, coriander & chilli) to the onion, cook till fragrant for 1 minute then add the tomato paste. Stir through then add the chopped vegetables. Stir to coat well..
- Add the meat incl meat juices to the dish and coat well. Add the beef stock and soy sauce and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover then move to the preheated oven and braise for 1.5 hours..
- After 1.5 hours remove from oven, stir through, cover and braise for another hour. After 2.5 hours the meat should be tender and it should be ready to serve. You can serve with toasted baguette slices. Enjoy 😋.
Like our Low-Carb Italian Sausage Soup-Instant Pot Recipe, and our Low-Carb Slow-Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup this soup can also be frozen and eaten later. I love serving it over riced cauliflower to make a whole meal. Low Carb Vegetables for Beef Stew (keto beef stew) The best low carb vegetables for beef stew are: celery, mushrooms, green beans, celery root, turnips, rutabaga, and radishes. Some people like to add zucchini and summer squash. When making low carb beef stew: choose low carb vegetables; replace potatoes with less starchy root vegetables Add beef broth to slow cooker and place short ribs into crock pot.