Turkey Romaine lettuce wrap tacos. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add turkey and season with salt. Cook, breaking up meat with the side of a spoon, until meat is.
For bell pepper pico, mix all ingredients together in a bowl, then put in fridge while meat cooks. For guac, mash avocados with a fork in a bowl, then add lime, cilantro and s&p. Served with a tasty sour cream and salsa dipping sauce, these Salsa & Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps are fast, fresh and fantastic. You can have Turkey Romaine lettuce wrap tacos using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkey Romaine lettuce wrap tacos
- It’s of filling.
- Prepare 1 packages of Ground Turkey taco meat.
- It’s of toppings.
- Prepare 1 pinch of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced purple onion.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- It’s 1 large of diced Avacado.
- You need 1 of diced jalapeño.
- It’s 1 small of diced tomatoe.
- Prepare of "shell".
- Prepare 1 head of Romaine lettuce.
A simple weeknight dinner with ground turkey and fresh cilantro. We made ours with ground turkey just for a leaner protein and topped with a little guacamole, cotija cheese, jalapeno and red bell peppers, tomatoes and cilantro. We used red leaf lettuce fresh from the last of the Farmer's markets but also delicious with romaine or iceberg lettuce too. Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps are also very fun party food.
Turkey Romaine lettuce wrap tacos step by step
- Brown turkey meat in pan on medium to medium high heat. Stirring frequently to ensure even cooking. Then drain excess oil and fat off, if not preseasoned add taco seasoning now. Take off heat and allow to cool slighlty..
- While meat is cooking chop or dice up topping ingredients (omit the cheese). Toss all of the diced ingredients together in a bowl add a pinch of salt to taste..
- Peel romaine leafs off the lettuce head. Rinse, pat dry, and lay on plate, cutting board, or any flat clean surface with the rounded side down, so they can be filled with turkey taco meat..
- Pile on the toppings, sprinkle with cheese and desired hot sauce. You have a nice crunch from the lettuce and toppings with a fraction of the carbs!.
These taco-seasoned ground turkey tacos are wrapped up in romaine leaves instead of tortillas, so they're gluten free.. Ground Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps Ground Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps. These turkey taco lettuce wraps are the yummiest clean eating recipe ever! Low-carb and gluten-free, they are so crunchy, fresh and delicious! Here comes a taco in a lettuce wrap form!