Lettuce Wraps. Find Party Food Inspiration with Hillshire Farm Sweet & Savory Recipes! Delicious and bursting with flavor, Asian lettuce wraps are a great idea for entertaining or a family style meal. Each person can build their own fresh, delicious wrap.
I've tried many different variations and can attest that this recipe is top-notch. However instead of ground beef most Chinese restaurants use ground pork or duck. Except for substituting ground beef for ground. You can cook Lettuce Wraps using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lettuce Wraps
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 1 medium of onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of minced ginger (pickled).
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper.
- It’s 1/2 can of water chestnuts.
- You need 1/3 cup of chopped mushrooms.
- You need 2 lb of lean ground beef.
- It’s 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 head of lettuce.
Add the cilantro, scallions and chiles; set aside. I'm still working to get the actual printable put into the post itself, but in the meantime, here's the straight-up recipe if you'd like to see what's in it! Let's walk through the process of making this chicken lettuce wraps recipe step-by-step. Don't forget to watch the video too!
Lettuce Wraps instructions
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Chop up onions and cook about 5-10 minutes on medium heat..
- Chop up bell pepper, mushrooms, water chestnuts, and ginger if necessary. Add to pan and cook another 5 minutes or so with the onion until veggies are fragrant..
- Put the vegetable mixture aside for now on plate or bowl so you can use the frying pan to cook the beef next..
- Put ground beef, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in the pan. Use a spatula to move the meat around and cook evenly..
- When meat is almost done (some fluid at the bottom of the pan and a little bit of pink meat too) add the cooked vegetables back to the pan along with the soy sauce..
- Stir and cook another 5 minutes or so until the liquid has evaporated off and all of the meat is brown no longer pink. Set the pan aside to cool..
- Take leaves off the head of lettuce individually and fill them with about 1/2 cup of the beef mixture..
- Wrap up the lettuce like a burrito (or however you can manage) and enjoy!.
The first step in this lettuce wrap recipe is making the sauce. The sauce is the key to the flavor of this recipe. And I beg you not to tamper with the sauce. These healthy lettuce wraps recipes are filled with tasty combinations of bright sauces, tender meats, and crispy-crunchy vegetables. Chicken lettuce wraps are classic, but you will really enjoy putting steak, pork, even vegetables between the delicate lettuce leaves.