Vegetarian wonton soup. The Vegetarian Wonton Soup Recipe is one of the easiest soups to make when you have the dumplings/wontons also known as momos ready. The wonton soup gets its full-bodied flavor from the vegetable stock. But if you don't have vegetable stock you can always spice up the soup base with quick ingredients.
Add mushroom granules (or salt) to suit your taste. Add wontons to the soup, and cook until wonton floats, indicating that they are fully cooked. Turn off the heat, add chopped scallions, chopped cilantro, and deep-fried shallot. You can have Vegetarian wonton soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian wonton soup
- Prepare 1 package of round wonton wraps.
- You need 1 bag of vegetarian morningstar ground beef.
- You need 1 c. of small diced jicama.
- Prepare 1 c. of finely chopped carrots (pulse in chopper).
- Prepare 1 c. of small diced celery.
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro stem finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 c. of diced cabbage.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground pepper.
- You need 2 tbs of vegetarian oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot cut like flower.
- It’s 5 of nappa cabbage leaves cut bite size pieces.
- You need 6 of mushrooms sliced.
- It’s 1-2 of veg. soup bullion or 1 tsp mushroom msg.
Stir to mix, and serve immediately. Related recipes This vegetarian wonton soup (also vegan friendly) is a great idea for breakfast. Personally I emphasize on the balance among different foods and love vegetarian wonton, vegetarian dumplings and pancakes. The taste of the vegetable filling can taste much better than meat filling as long as treated suitably.
Vegetarian wonton soup instructions
- Add ground beef, jicama, celery, cabbage, finely chopped carrots, ground pepper, oyster sauce in frying pan on medium heat. Mix well, add seasoning per your taste. Lastly add chopped cilantro stem. The finer the ingredients, the easier to wrap in wonton wrappers..
- Fill a small bowl or dipping cup with water. Put wonton wrapper in left hand, use right index finger to dip in water and wet around the edge. Scoop 1 tbs of ground beef mix into the center of wonton and fold in half sealing it tight. Set aside and repeat this step until all wonton used. Below I put it in a container separated by saran wrap to put in the freezer..
- Various ways to make wontons.
- Another way…
- To make the soup… in a medium pot, boil water, add soup bullion or mushroom msg, flower carrots, nappa cabbage for 10 minutes..
- While you are boiling soup, boil another small pot of water. Add either fresh or frozen wonton dumplings and boil for 7 minutes. Remove dumpling into bowl and pour soup on top, seasoned with cilantro leaves and ground pepper if needed..
Boil water and bouillon on high heat. Remove from heat and add dry TVP. This vegan wonton soup is made with savory shiitake stuffed wontons and crispy napa cabbage in a light gingery broth. Disclaimer: I suck really bad at wrapping wontons, and you probably do too. Nothing personal…it's just that, based on my experience wrapping wontons for this soup, I've determined that it's something most people suck at.