Shrimp BLT Lettuce Wraps. Shrimp BLT Lettuce Wraps I love lettuce wraps for lunch or a light dinner. The things we do for love. Every bit a BLT, this flatbread sammie is even better with a tender, juicy shrimp nestled in with the other ingredients.
I love lettuce wraps, they are my go-to when I want to eat low-carb. In fact, I have so many lettuce wrap recipes here on my site, everything from Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps, Taco Lettuce Wraps to BLT Lettuce Wraps just to name a few. These spicy shrimp lettuce wraps are keto, low-carb and gluten-free. You can cook Shrimp BLT Lettuce Wraps using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp BLT Lettuce Wraps
- You need 1/2 lb of medium small raw shelled shrimp.
- Prepare 8 of large lettuce leaves, I used romaine, but any sturdy cup shaped lettece will work.
- Prepare 8 of thin slices bacon strips.
- It’s 1/2 cup of halved grape tomatoes or sliced cherry tomatos.
- You need 1/4 cup of my spice rub, recipe attached in direction step #2.
- It’s 1/4 cup of more or less depending on your taste of my spicy ranch dressing/dip recipe attached in direction step#5.
Shrimp lettuce wraps with sweet chili mayo. A great go-to crunchy and refreshing shrimp wrap recipe. Brace yourself because these are amazingly good! If you peek at the recipe card, it may look like there are a lot of ingredients and steps.
Shrimp BLT Lettuce Wraps step by step
- In a medium skillet fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Remove all bacon fat except leave 1 tablespoon in to cook shrimp..
- Have spice rubon plate https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356275-spice-rub-for-grilling-roasting-sauteing-and-smokers.
- Mix shrimp in spice rub to coat.
- Heat reserved bacon fat in skillet until hot and cook shrimp until golden and cooked through 3 to 5 minutes.
- Lay lettuce leaves on plates with cup side up and spread spicy ranch dressing in each one https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/353091-spicy-ranch-dipdressing.
- Evenly divide warm shrimp among lettuce leaf cups.
- Add tomatoes.
- Crumble bacon into pieces and add to top.
- Serve right away while lettuce is crisp and shrimp is warm.
Don't let the step-by-step fool you, these healthy shrimp lettuce wraps are very easy to make! You just mix up the seasoning blend, fry up the filling, fill the lettuce leaves, then drizzle on the sauce. Melt the remaining half tablespoon butter in same skillet. Add the sliced onions and cook for a minute, until fragrant. When I'm eating low-carb, I love using lettuce leaves in place of bread for everything from Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps, Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps, and even Steak Lettuce Taco Wrap.