Mike's, "That's A Wrap!" Asian Lettuce Wraps. Great recipe for Mike's, "That's A Wrap!" Asian Lettuce Wraps. Serve these Asian Lettuce Wraps with Soy Sauce, Sriracha Red Chili Sauce, Fish Sauce, Peanut Sauce, Hot Mustard or your very own Thai Sweet & Spicy Chili Sauce. My, "Thai Sweet & Spicy Chili Sauce," recipe is posted at bottom.
Be careful not to burn your garlic. This appetizer is always appreciated by my hungry guests and family and, I've never seen anyone turn these down! Jodie's asian lettuce wraps recipe: Delicious and easy. You can cook Mike's, "That's A Wrap!" Asian Lettuce Wraps using 35 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's, "That's A Wrap!" Asian Lettuce Wraps
- It’s of Spiced Meat Mixture.
- It’s 2 lb of 93% Lean 7% Fat Hamburger Meat [it's important this specific meat blend be used].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Shaoxing Wine [OR] Dry Sherry [AND] 1 tablespoon Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Hoisin Sauce [more if desired].
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Sesame Seed Oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice.
- You need 1 can of 4 oz Bamboo [chopped].
- It’s 1 can of 8 oz Water Chestnuts [chopped].
- You need 3 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Each: Sriracha & Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Each: Fresh Cilantro – Green Onions – White Onions [chopped].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Each: Black Pepper – Finely Chopped Jalapeños – Dehydrated Onions – Minced Ginger – Red Pepper Flakes -.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Beef Broth [to steam meat].
- Prepare of Lettuce Wrap Toppers.
- Prepare 1 lb of Large Fresh Crispy Bib Lettuce Leaves [or 16 oversized leaves of your choosing].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Each: Chopped Fresh Or Pickled Ginger – Fresh Thai Or Regular Basil – Finely Minced Jalapeños.
- Prepare 10 slice of Each: 5" Long Diakon Radishes – 5" Long Green Onions – 5" Long Celery Strips.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Fresh Cilantro.
- Prepare 1 packages of 8 oz Bean Sprouts.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Shreadded Carrots.
- You need 5 large of Thin Sliced Red Radishes.
- It’s 1 cup of Finely Shreadded Cabbage.
- Prepare of Shrimp.
- Prepare 1 lb of Miniature Pre-Cooked Shrimp [dethawed].
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dried Crushed Cilantro.
- You need 1 tsp of Cracked Black Pepper [optional].
- It’s of Optional Ingredients.
- You need 2 of Thai Birds Eye Or 2 Serrano Peppers [finely minced for optional chili sauce].
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Rice Wine Vinager [for optional chili sauce].
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Cornstarch [for optional chili sauce].
- It’s 1 cup of Peanut Sauce [garnish].
- It’s 4 tbsp of Finely Chopped Peanuts [allergy warning – garnish].
Add your review, photo or comments for Jodie's asian lettuce wraps.. Stir in remaining ingredients (except for lettuce). Mike's, "That's A Wrap!" Lettuce Wraps. by obrienbess. That's a Wrap is always consistent when it comes to their food and service, and today they outdid themselves!
Mike's, "That's A Wrap!" Asian Lettuce Wraps step by step
- Medium heat fry all meat ingredients except for 1/4 cup fresh Cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon Chinese 5 Spice and 1/3 cup Beef Broth. Keep hamburger in larger chunks if possible. Be careful not to burn your garlic..
- Once hamburger is cooked, there should be no reason to drain any fat since you're using a 93% – 7% meat blend. This, "no drain," hamburger is also important since if you were to drain it, you'd loose the majority of your spices and smaller ingredients through your strainer..
- Frying at a higher heat, add 1/3 cup Beef Broth, 1/4 cup fresh Cilantro and 1/4 tsp Chinese 5 Spice, [you can add more 5 spice if you enjoy a stronger flavor] stir well and steam everything together with a tight fitting lid. Steam for approximately 5 minutes. You may need additional Beef Broth at the steam completion. You'll want a moist [not dripping] consistency to your meat mixture..
- After frying, plate up hamburger meat mixture in a serving bowl and set to the side..
- Chop all wrap filler vegetables, plate and chill..
- De-thaw shrimp in cool water..
- Paper towel dry shrimp..
- Add 2 tablespoons fish sauce to shrimp and add crushed Cilantro, powdered garlic and onion powder. Mix gently and well..
- Place shreadded cabbage in a seperate serving dish and pile miniature chilled shrimp atop cabbage..
- To prepare wraps, place warm meat atop chilled lettuce, then add any vegetable wrap toppings you and your guests may desire. Lastly, add additional Sriracha Chili Sauce, Fish Sauce, Hot Mustard, Soy Sauce, Peanut Sauce or your own homemade Thai Sweet Chili Sauce..
- Since you already have these ingredients on hand, why not make your own Thai Sweet & Spicy Chili Sauce? This is a recipe you can either fine chop by hand, [better] or puree in a blender to save some time..
- THAI SWEET & SPICY RED CHILI SAUCE [makes approximately 2 cups sauce] Ingredients: * 7 Large Garlic Cloves [crushed & finely minced] * 2 Small Birds Eye or Serrano Peppers [deseeded – finely minced] * 1 Small Jalapeño [deseeded – finely minced] [ * always wear gloves when working with peppers * ] * 2 teaspoon Sriracha Chili Sauce [for flavor & color] * 1 – 1/2 tablespoons Crushed Red Pepper Flakes * 1 tablespoon Fine Minced Ginger * 1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar * 1 tablespoon Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce * 2/3 to 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar * 2/3 cup Water Directions: Boil ingredients for 5 – 7 minutes or until Red Pepper Flakes soften. Once boiled, mix these two ingredients very well in a separate, much smaller bowl: * 1-1/2 tablespoons Cornstarch * 2 tablespoons Tap Water Add the cornstarch mixture slowly into your simmering chili sauce. Whisk and watch closely as your sauce thickens up. Be patient and give it a little time to thicken. You may not need all of your.
- Use discretion if garnishing your wraps with both Soy Sauce and Fish Sauce after their construction. Both are very high in sodium and may overpower your dish with an extreme salty finish if used too heavily together..
Delicious and bursting with flavor, Asian lettuce wraps are a great idea for entertaining or a family style meal. Each person can build their own fresh, delicious wrap. Just be sure to have plates or napkins available since the mixture can sometimes drip a little. To serve, allow each person to spoon a portion of the meat into a lettuce leaf. How to make Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps.