Stuffed Zucchini (Low Carb, Vegetarian/Vegan Option also). Great recipe for Stuffed Zucchini (Low Carb, Vegetarian/Vegan Option also). This is based on the vegetarian version however you can replace the mushroom for mince beef or even make a mushroom meat mix. Stuffed Zucchini (Low Carb, Vegetarian/Vegan Option also) step by step.
Add the tinned tomato and passata and simmer on. Add the cooked quinoa, zucchini, cooked lentils, chickpeas, Parmesan and feta. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. You can cook Stuffed Zucchini (Low Carb, Vegetarian/Vegan Option also) using 30 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Zucchini (Low Carb, Vegetarian/Vegan Option also)
- It’s of The Sauce.
- It’s 700 ml of bottle Tomato Passata.
- Prepare 1 Can of Chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Medium Onion (finely chopped).
- Prepare 2 of Garlic Cloves (crushed).
- It’s 1-2 of whole dried Chili.
- It’s 1 tsp of Corriander Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cayenne.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dried Mint.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of Salt.
- You need of Zucchini Filling.
- You need 300 gms of Cauliflower (processed).
- It’s 300 gms of Mushrooms (processed) or replace/mix with mince beef.
- You need 1 of Medium Tomato (finely chopped).
- You need 1 of Medium Onion (finely chopped).
- It’s 2 of Garlic Cloves (crushed).
- You need 1 tbs of Fresh Parsley (finely chopped).
- You need 1 tbs of Fresh Corriander (finely chopped).
- It’s 1 1/2 tbs of Pine Nuts.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Dried Mint.
- You need 2 tsp of Corriander Powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of Paprika Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tbs of salt (or to taste).
- Prepare of Others.
- You need 6 of Zucchinis (cored).
- You need of Approx 2 cups water.
Cut a thin slice off the top of the tomatoes, keeping the tops. Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini Boats made using natural ingredients like our plant-based vegetarian meat replacement and homemade vegan ricotta cheese. These stuffed zucchini boats are the Italian deliciousness you've been craving. (Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Plant-based, Vegan, Vegetarian ) Add the pumpkin, zucchini and mushroom and stir (coating the vegetables). Add the coconut cream and vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
Stuffed Zucchini (Low Carb, Vegetarian/Vegan Option also) instructions
- For the Sauce – prepare ingredients as per ingredients list. Saute the onion (in olive oil which I accidentally left out of the ingredients list) and garlic on low for approx 5mins. Add the chili, herbs and Spices and stir. Add the tinned tomato and passata and simmer on low..
- While the sauce simmers, you can prepare the zucchini filling (I have included a pic of the meat mix version also).
- For the zucchini filling, prepare the ingredients as per the ingredients list. Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. In a frying pan, add a tbs or so of oil and fry the filling mixture on low, stirring regularly for approx 7mins and set aside..
- By this time, you can turn the sauce off and set aside. Take out a cup of the sauce and mix into the filling mixture..
- To core the zucchini, use whichever utensils work for you. I use a combination of a knife, teaspoon, large spoon and a tea towel (wrapped around the spoon handle) 😂. You can also half the zucchini if you are using long green Zucchinis and core out each side rather than the whole zucchini..
- Fill the cored zucchinis with the filling mixture..
- Place the sauce on the bottom of the pot. Place the zucchini in the pot standing up right. Pour in around 1-2 cups Water. Cover and simmer for approx 45mins to an hour (or bake in an oven for an hour and half)..
- Serve – I serve mine with a Greek or Coconut Yoghurt and or feta also 😁.
Turn down and simmer until the pumpkin is soft. These vegetarian stuffed zucchinis are perfectly tender and fresh with the flavors of the Mediterranean. Olives and feta cheese deliver a nice salty bite, while quinoa adds a nutty flavor, along with protein and fiber. Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise and, using a. Follow the recipe and the directions, but in place of ground beef, use the chopped leftover zucchini flesh.