Keto Crockpot Eggplant Parmesan. Can I fry the eggplant and finish in the slow cooker? If you have the time you can cook the eggplant by frying or in your Air Fryer. How do I make keto slow cooker eggplant Parmesan?
Eggplant (Brinjal) Parmesan is a delicious recipe created by Devialini, one of my readers. I tweaked the recipe a little by adding some cream to the beaten egg and dried Italian herbs to the Parmesan coating. Eggplant Parmesan makes a great snack or side dish. You can have Keto Crockpot Eggplant Parmesan using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Keto Crockpot Eggplant Parmesan
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 1 of whole fresh, Baked Eggplant (1 Whole – Medium).
- Prepare 2 of medium, Organic Zucchini, Fresh.
- You need 2 of tbsp, Tomato Paste – Canned.
- It’s 24 of oz., Crushed organic tomatoes.
- You need 1 of tsp, Organic Vegetable Base.
- You need 1 of tbsp, Organic Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 of tsp, Crushed Garlic.
- Prepare 8 of oz., Fresh Mozzarella.
- You need 8 of oz., Ricotta Cheese.
- You need 8 of oz, Pecorino Romano.
- Prepare 8 of oz, Parmesan Cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of filtered water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of freshly ground pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes (optional).
- You need 2 dashes of ground nutmeg.
If you follow a vegetarian keto diet, you can make it into a. Our Keto Eggplant Parmesan recipe is a low carb version of a classic Italian favorite that so many people love. The tender eggplant slices are coated in a crispy almond flour coating, smothered in marinara sauce and topped with gooey cheese then baked to perfection. This keto eggplant parmesan has much, much lower carbs.
Keto Crockpot Eggplant Parmesan instructions
- Add olive oil and onion to bottom of crock pot and simmer on low until onion is translucent approximately 10 minutes..
- Add crushed garlic and simmer for another minute.
- Add sliced eggplant and zucchini, stir and simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes..
- Add the remaining ingredients and let simmer on medium for 6 hours.
- Add a large serving spoon to a heat resistant bowl, sprinkle some parmesan and grated mozzarella cheese on top and broil for about 5 minutes..
Much better to make your eggplant parmesan keto at home than try to order it at a restaurant. Serving size Grease the inside of the crock pot. Place a layer of half of the eggplant slices, sprinkle with half of the breadcrumbs, half of the parmesan, half of the marinara sauce, and half of the mozzarella. Eggplant parmigiana aka eggplant parmesan is a delicious vegetarian, low-carb and keto-friendly dish. You can keep it simple, or spice it up by adding some extra ingredients.