Bulgogi Lettuce Wraps. Bulgogi Lettuce Wraps Bulgogi, thinly sliced beef that's marinated and grilled, is a classic Korean dish. Korean chile paste (gochujang) is the perfect sweet and spicy sauce for the dish. Beef Bulgogi served with rice, cucumber, carrots, and onion wrapped up in lettuce.
The star of these bulgogi lettuce wraps is the beef flank, marinated in potent Korean flavors and broiled until nicely glazed and browned. Once beef is cooked, you can serve it right away with a bowl of hot rice or make lettuce wraps. For the lettuce wraps, spoon a little rice into each lettuce leaf. You can cook Bulgogi Lettuce Wraps using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bulgogi Lettuce Wraps
- You need 1 1/2 lb of rib-eye steak, sliced thin.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of onion, sliced moon shaped slivers.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 head of butter or boston lettuce, separated into leaves.
- It’s 2 of jalapeño peppers, sliced thin.
- Prepare 4 medium of carrots, slice into thin strips.
- You need 1 of sriracha (optional).
- You need of Marinade.
- It’s 3 tbsp of lite soy sauce.
- You need 1 medium of pear.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic.
Top with a slice or two of Bulgogi, and garnish with sesame seeds, sliced scallions and a bit of Red Cabbage Salad with Spicy Miso-Ginger Dressing, if using. Seriously Good Salads Amazon affiliate links are included within this post. This recipe for Bulgogi Beef Lettuce Wraps comes from a new book by Nicky Corbishley: Seriously Good Salads- Creative Flavor Combinations for Nutritious, Satisfying Meals. If you're tired of the same old salads, this is a good book to explore.
Bulgogi Lettuce Wraps step by step
- Put all of the marinade ingredients in a food processor and give several pulses till marinade is smooth..
- Pour marinade into ziploc bag with steak and onions..
- Gently massage the meat to ensure the marinade coats everything. Refrigerate overnight..
- Heat oil in a pan over high heat. Add meat shaking off excess marinade and cook until cooked through. You may want to drain liquid halfway through to make the crisp edges of meat..
- Serve on lettuce with peppers and carrots on top..
Beef Bulgogi Lettuce Wraps – Recipe Land. Sounds delicious – can this be made with chicken or does that defeat the point?! reply. It's called "dak bulgogi" when you use chicken. Serve chicken bulgogi, onions and mushrooms with lettuce leaves for wrapping. Fill lettuce cups with rice (if using), chicken and vegetables.