Butternut Squash Lasagna – Keto. I used pre-cut butternut squash from a local grocery store. If you can get pre-cut squash, it will save you a ton of time but if not, simply use a mandolin. Although this grain-free lasagna is not ultra low in carbs, it can be included on a keto diet as long as you stay within your macros.
This lasagna was inspired by the "Just Like The Real Thing" Low Carb Keto Lasagna invented by P A Healthy Keto Lasagna? Lasagna is a baked Italian dish of thin sheets of pasta layers with sauce and fillings in between. Obviously, pasta is a no-can-do zone for the keto lifestyle. You can have Butternut Squash Lasagna – Keto using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Lasagna – Keto
- You need 1/2 of Butternut Squash.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 1 of Mozzarella.
- Prepare of Meat sauce.
- It’s 200 g of Minced Beef.
- It’s 300 g of Tomato Puree.
- Prepare 2 cloves of Garlic.
- You need To taste of Oregano, Basil, Salt, Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- You need of White sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Flour.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Milk.
However, the other elements of Low Carb Butternut Squash and Mushroom Lasagna are all there, so in my view, this is definitely worthy of the lasagna title. Like the previous recipe, our Butternut Squash and Beef Lasagna swaps lasagna noodles with thin slices of butternut squash. This cheesy, saucy gluten-free dish averages five-star reviews.. Add a single layer of lasagna noodles followed by a layer of squash.
Butternut Squash Lasagna – Keto instructions
- Pre-bake the squash by baking at 175C for around 40 minutes and let it cool down. This will make it easier to peel and cut the squash. In the meantime, we can prepare the sauces..
- The meat sauce – Press garlic into pre-heated pan with olive oil and roast slightly. Add finely diced onion and roast until golden, followed by the minced beef, salt and pepper. Once the beef is cooked all over, we can add the tomato puree with the herbs, salt and pepper to taste and let it simmer until the flavours blend well together..
- The white sauce – Melt 2 spoons of butter in another pan and stir in 2 spoons of flour. Keep stirring on medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes. In the meantime, pour a glass of milk and place in the microwave for a minute and a half. Pour 1/2 cup into the butter-flour mix, and pour an extra quarter of the cup of milk into the cup, mixing well before pouring into the mix. We do not want to cool the mix down by pouring in cold milk. Taste with salt and pepper. Stir until the sauce thickens..
- Having the butternut ready, we cut off the top half (the half without seeds) peel it and slice into thin slices all across into ‘lasagna sheets’..
- We pour a tiny bit of oil into a baking dish, and build a base layer with the squash slices. We pour our meat sauce as a second layer, followed by another layer of squash sheets. The white sauce is next, and the final layer of squash. Topped with mozzarella all over, the lasagna are ready to be baked at 180• for 20-30 minutes..
Season with salt and pepper and top with half the spinach, a third of the mozzarella, and about ¾ cup white sauce. Taking down a half a squash on your own is probably a bad idea if you want to stay in ketosis — but you don't need to eat that much to reap the health benefits. When it comes to butternut squash in keto-friendly meal plans, it's all about serving size. Try adding butternut squash to one-pot meals that are rich in fat and protein. Ingredients for Lasagna Stuffed Spaghetti Squash.