Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole. Taste Delicious, Italian-Inspired Dinner Recipes From Classico. Low carb philly cheesesteak casserole with cream cheese, ground beef, sauteed peppers and onions is the classic cheesesteak combo, topped off with a layer of melt-y provolone cheese. Philly cheese steak casserole is a low carb casserole recipe that's full of good stuff!
Steak, cheese, onions, and peppers are so delicious together. Combining them into a philly cheesesteak casserole is a great way to feed your family or meal prep for the week! If you've been looking for a tasty new casserole recipe, make sure to try this low carb twist on a classic dish. You can cook Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
- Prepare 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of green bell pepper – chopped.
- It’s 4 oz of fresh button mushrooms – chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 6-8 slices of provolone cheese.
This low carb philly cheesesteak casserole is a simple twist on a classic American favorite. Not only is it delicious, but easy ground beef casseroles like this cheesesteak dish also make for great dinners because they are easy, quick, and popular with the whole family. The classic Philly cheesesteak is made with beef, and this keto casserole can be made with either chicken or beef. Just a bite or two and you will quickly see why.
Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole instructions
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking up to a fine crumble as you go. About halfway through cooking the meat add the bell pepper and mushrooms. Stir in the salt, pepper, onion powder, and worcestershire. Continue cooking until the veggies are tender..
- When meat mixture is done do not drain. Transfer directly to a greased 9×9 inch casserole dish, spreading out evenly. Set aside to cool for about 10 minutes..
- While the meat is cooling preheat oven to 350°F. Crack eggs into a medium bowl. Add cream to eggs. Wisk together until well blended..
- Pour egg blend evenly over meat mixture in casserole dish. Top evenly with provolone to cover (I used 7 1/2 slices to get the coverage I desired)..
- Place casserole in oven. Bake 20-30 minutes or until the center no longer jiggles when you shake the dish. If the cheese begins to brown too much while cooking loosely tent with foil. When done, remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes. Dish it up and enjoy!.
Low carb Philly cheesesteak casserole is PERFECT for multiple diets. Primal: This recipe follows primal diet guidelines.; Gluten-Free: Free of gluten products, this cheesesteak is safe to consume for those with Celiac or other gluten intolerances. Low Carb Philly Cheese Steak Casserole is one of those recipes that makes following a low carb diet easy. Lots of meat, cheese, and cream. Because this recipe makes use of ground beef, it makes an economical meal.