Thai lettuce wraps with ground pork. What are Thai Lettuce Wraps Called? These thai ground pork lettuce wraps go by a few other names. Spicy pork lettuce wraps, ground pork lettuce wraps, or… Pork larb recipe is another common name, which is actually the "unofficial" dish of Laos, but popular in regions of Thailand where there are many Laotians.
Drain and discard grease; transfer beef to a bowl. Create a favorite restaurant treat right at home with these savory and sweet Thai lettuce wraps. Start with lean ground pork, season it to perfection with ginger and Sriracha, and then spoon the mixture into crisp lettuce cups. You can cook Thai lettuce wraps with ground pork using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thai lettuce wraps with ground pork
- It’s 1 lb of ground pork.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic-minced.
- It’s 1/2 medium of onion-diced.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemongrass-minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh ginger-minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of fresh ground black pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of garlic chili sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 5 oz of water chestnuts-drained and diced.
- It’s 5 oz of bamboo shoots-drained and diced.
- You need 1/2 of fresh jalepeno-minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of sesame oil, or to taste.
- You need 4 of green onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cilantro-chopped.
- You need 1 of lime wedges.
- You need 8 of lettuce leaves, butter lettuce or romaine.
When paired with a savory Asian sesame dipping sauce, the result is a healthy mélange of tastes and textures that's fun to eat. Lettuce wraps have been popular subs for a taco or a bun for years, and I love them because you can still get all the full flavor of a dish without all the bread. This Asian lettuce wrap is one of my favorites. These Ground Pork Asian Lettuce Wraps are bursting with delicious umami flavor and make my low-carby heart happy.
Thai lettuce wraps with ground pork instructions
- Heat canola oil in pan..
- Sauté garlic, onion, lemongrass, and ginger on med heat about 5 mins..
- Add ground pork, or ground meat of your choice. Mix well..
- While meat is simmering, make sauce. Add garlic chili sauce, fish sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, and ground black pepper..
- Add sauce to meat and stir..
- Add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and jalepeno. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Stir well and cooked until meat is done, breaking up meat as you go..
- Take off heat and add sesame oil, green onion, and cilantro. Stir well..
- Add mix to lettuce wraps and serve with fresh lime..
Lime wedges. for garnish A traditional Thai dish called Larb Gai, they're quick to make and full of fresh flavours from herbs and lime, plus a nice hit of chilli. Use chicken mince or pork mince, bundle it up in lettuce or serve it over rice! Thai Lettuce Wraps – Larb Gai. Thai is one of the most popular Asian foods in Sydney. Pork Larb Lettuce Wrap – healthy and delicious Thai ground pork lettuce wraps with a savory, sweet and mildly spicy dipping sauce.