Asian teriyaki lettuce wraps. What is in Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps. This recipe consists of ground chicken cooked with vegetables such as red onion, diced zucchini, and red bell peppers, seasoned with teriyaki sauce. It also works with whatever vegetables you have on hand.
Delicious and bursting with flavor, Asian lettuce wraps are a great idea for entertaining or a family style meal. Each person can build their own fresh, delicious wrap. Just be sure to have plates or napkins available since the mixture can sometimes drip a little. You can cook Asian teriyaki lettuce wraps using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Asian teriyaki lettuce wraps
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of mushrooms.
- It’s 1 can of water chestnuts (drained).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground ginger.
- You need 2 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of low sodium teriyaki sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of green onions.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded carrots.
- You need 1/3 cup of sliced almonds.
- It’s 2 tbsp of pure sesame seed oil (divided).
- It’s 1 packages of romain hearts lettuce.
To serve, allow each person to spoon a portion of the meat into a lettuce leaf. I definitely have a thing for lettuce wraps lately. I shared these Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps and this Almond Poppy Seed Chicken Salad (which I served lettuce wrap style) and I can't help but keep a good thing going with these delicious Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps! I absolutely love them, they are so flavorful and perfect for serving any night of the week since they are easy to prepare.
Asian teriyaki lettuce wraps step by step
- Heat 1tablespoon of sesame seed oil in skillet.
- Add chicken and cook for 3minutes or until Brown.
- Add water chestnuts and mushrooms and ginger to chicken mixture, stir and let cook for another 5minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add rice vinegar, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder remainder of sesame seed oil and crushed red pepper to mixture and stir while still heating on fire.
- Top mixture with carrots,onions and almonds.
- Spoon onto romain hearts and enjoy.
The Asian Lettuce Wraps with Teriyaki Pineapple Meatballs were wonderful. There is no nutritional information with this recipe but it was low calorie. Top with some of the carrots, bean sprouts and green onion. Drizzle with hoisin sauce and sprinkle on a bit of cilantro. Roll or wrap the lettuce around the meatballs and eat out-of-hand as you would a taco.