Glazed tofu scramble (vegan & gluten-free). Glazed tofu scramble (vegan & gluten-free) Sweet & savory tofu with veggies & toasted pecans! Although the recipe isn't exactly vegan because I used fish sauce and ghee… but you know what I mean. Break up into small chunks and set aside.
Feel free to use any type of salt, although I prefer to use Kala Namak salt. Tofu scramble is a popular vegan breakfast dish similar to scrambled eggs. Although this recipe calls for onions and green peppers, try adding some mock meat crumbles or experiment with different vegetable combinations, such as spinach, mushrooms and green onions. You can have Glazed tofu scramble (vegan & gluten-free) using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Glazed tofu scramble (vegan & gluten-free)
- Prepare 1 of medium firm tofu (19OZ).
- It’s 1 packet of mushrooms (250 grams).
- Prepare 3 of chopped carrots.
- You need 2 tsp of finely chopped ginger.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped leek.
- You need of Chopped scallions.
- You need 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of toasted pecans.
- You need of For the glazed:.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 1 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced ginger.
- Prepare 1 clove of minced garlic.
Tofu scramble is a simple, creative and thoroughly enjoyable recipe was originally part of my "Beginner's Survival Guide" cooking series. Tofu scramble also makes a great breakfast for my non-vegan friends who are usually in awe with this fine substitute for eggs. Good food does not need to compromise. If you're new to vegan cooking, tofu is soy bean curd.
Glazed tofu scramble (vegan & gluten-free) step by step
- To prepare the tofu, drain the excess water, and squeeze dry it with a towel or paper tissues, and leave it in the fridge for a couple of hours before making the recipe (or even overnight)..
- Heat sesame oil on a nonstick pan, crumble tofu and cook for 5 minutes, followed by mushrooms for a few minutes, and lastly the rest of the veggies, and cook for 15 stirring every now, and then until everything is well cooked..
- While that's cooking, prepare the glaze by mixing the water and cornstarch well first without leaving any lumps, then the rest of the glaze's ingredients..
- Add the glaze as a last step, and stir to coat everything..
- Serve warm on rice, with lettuce wraps, top of salad, or as a side dish..
This is the most diverse ingredient in the vegan world (according to me). You can literally do so much with it. Tofu scramble is a vegan take on scrambled egg where you break the tofu apart and make it into a yummy scramble. Vegan silken tofu scramble is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or maybe just the filling for a warm sandwich on a winters day. I'm noticing vegan scrambled egg popping up on more and more cafe menus, hurrah for vegans, people are realising this is the best substitute in the world to actual eggs!