Vegan Peanut Butter/Almond Butter Cups. Creamy almond butter smooshed in between two layers of dark chocolate, can't get any better than that! This week is my son's birthday week. For those following a paleo diet, or with a peanut allergy, substitute the peanut butter for almond or sunflower seed butter instead.
When the almond butter and powdered sugar are mixed together the mix is very dry, but the resulting flavor and texture is actually perfection. I love a good cookie more than just about any other dessert. This is the pan I use—it has narrower cups, which make for thicker oat cups. You can have Vegan Peanut Butter/Almond Butter Cups using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Peanut Butter/Almond Butter Cups
- You need 1 Jar of Crunchy Peanut Butter (no added sugar).
- You need 1 Jar of Almond Butter.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Honey for each mix (of the above).
- Prepare 2 Tablespoon of coconut Oil for each mix.
- Prepare 6 of Cote Dor Dark chocolate Bars.
I highly recommend using this pan versus a regular metal pan, as it's much easier to remove the oat cups. In a large, microwave-safe bowl, add almond butter and maple syrup. Every time I make my vegan peanut butter cups, they disappear so fast I can't even keep up!. Since that recipe was so well loved, I decided to make a similar recipe using almond butter.
Vegan Peanut Butter/Almond Butter Cups step by step
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave or pot..
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil and mix it with 2 Tablespoons of honey and the whole of a Peanut Butter Jar.
- Add a teaspoon full of the peanut butter mix in the small molds and then add the melted dark chocolate on top.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
These chocolate almond butter cups are just as good as their peanut butter friends, and daresay I think I might like them even better! As someone who goes through almond butter like its going out of style, I'm surprised that I'm yet to share a recipe where it is the ultimate star of the show. These Keto Almond Butter Cups have just rectified that. I use almond butter in many of my recipes, more than the more popular peanut butter. Like the peanut butter cup candy, but so much tastier and better for you!