Apple Cardamom Pound Cake- low histamine, gluten free, dairy-free, vegan, corn free. See recipes for Apple Cardamom Pound Cake- low histamine, gluten free, dairy-free, vegan, corn free too. Apple Cardamom Pound Cake- low histamine, gluten free, dairy-free, vegan, corn free. It is a pleasant autumn flavor that nods to the season almost upon us.
I promise it is just as delicious made with the dairy-free butter and dairy-free milk. So, you too can enjoy a gluten-free and dairy-free apple bundt cake. I'm a freelance recipe developer specialising in 'free from' food and spend many hours in my kitchen experimenting to create exciting healthy recipes that are all gluten-free & mainly dairy-free. You can have Apple Cardamom Pound Cake- low histamine, gluten free, dairy-free, vegan, corn free using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple Cardamom Pound Cake- low histamine, gluten free, dairy-free, vegan, corn free
- Prepare of Dry.
- You need 1/2 c of tapioca flour.
- You need 1/2 c of brown rice flour.
- It’s 1/2 c of white rice flour.
- It’s 1/4 c of sweet rice flour.
- You need 1/4 c of coconut flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare of caviar of half of one vanilla bean OR blitzed powder of one spent, dried bean pod.
- You need of Wet, all room temperature.
- Prepare 1 of flax egg (1tbsp ground flax seed+ 3tbsp water, stirred and left to set up for 5+minutes).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of melted coconut oil + extra for greasing pan (solid coconut oil melts easily if left in a bowl on top of my preheating oven).
- It’s 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 c of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1/4 c of coconut cream, or cream of choice.
- It’s 1/2 c of hemp milk, or milk of choice.
- Prepare of Apples.
- You need 2 of small/medium apples or 2 c, peeled and cut into 1/2” chunks.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of ground cardamom, according to taste.
- Prepare of Icing.
- It’s of maple cream from 100% pure maple sap, room temperature; 1/2 pound or 8oz jar to drizzle on top of one cake, up to 10 oz to ice the entire surface area.
To make topping, combine apple slices, coconut sugar, and cardamom in a small bowl. This Low Carb Upside Down Apple Cake is Kitchen Tested, Sugar Free, Gluten Free. I had to bake a few to make sure expectations were met. I had a few validations along the way.
Apple Cardamom Pound Cake- low histamine, gluten free, dairy-free, vegan, corn free instructions
- Preheat oven to 350*. Cut parchment to fit bottom of standard size round cake pan and grease the parchment and sides of pan with coconut oil..
- Take care of mise en place, or prep work, before moving on: set coconut oil to melt on stove, make flax egg in separate small bowl, prepare any homemade hemp or alternate milk, harvest vanilla caviar or set empty pod in preheating oven for a few minutes to dry out before blitzing in blender..
- Mix the dry ingredients well in a large bowl..
- In separate bowl mix chopped apples with cardamom. I use 2 tsp because I love a punch of flavor. Add a tsp of the dry flour mixture and stir. This will prevent the apples from sinking to the bottom..
- Mix the wet ingredients well in a medium bowl. Pour wet into dry and mix until batter is quite thick, but will still run off a spoon..
- Fold in apples. Spread thick batter into smooth layer in pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, until starting to get golden around the sides and a toothpick comes out clean..
- Pop out of pan after resting for 5 minutes. Let cool completely and then pour desired amount of maple cream over the top. Pictured is the effect of making the recipe a few times in different sized pans, layering cream in between cakes and drizzling it on top..
- Happy boy 🍰 🥳.
A friend was thrilled when I served her this apple upside down cake at lunch. She couldn't believe it was low-carb. Add the diced apple, and mix to combine well. Divide the apple topping evenly among the tops of the batter in the wells of the muffin tin or cake panel pan, pressing the apple pieces down gently but firmly to help the apples adhere. The apple pieces should be in an even layer on top of the batter.