Not so vegetarian enchilada casserole. Variations for Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole: Make a vegan enchilada casserole by skipping the cheese or drizzling vegan queso over the baked casserole. Refried beans can be substituted for black beans. Don't feel obligated or limited to the vegetables I have used.
I feel like this enchilada lentil casserole is such a 'me' recipe. I love all sorts of lentil bakes, I love anything Tex-Mex, and I love combining things in funny ways. So why not put all three things together, to create this tasty enchilada lentil casserole – made with lots of veggies, a super simple homemade enchilada sauce, and a proper cheesy topping. You can have Not so vegetarian enchilada casserole using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Not so vegetarian enchilada casserole
- Prepare of chicken.
- You need of flour tortillas.
- It’s of grated cheese.
- It’s of jalapeno salsa.
This Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole is so easy to put together, and freezes well for healthy, quick dinners. This is stuffed with black beans, corn, peppers and onions, and is a meal that the whole family will enjoy. Vegetarian Enchilada Skillet Casserole – the quicker, easier way to make enchiladas! Cheesy, flavorful vegetables, black beans, and pinto beans are delicious in this easy summer vegetable recipe, no rolling required!
Not so vegetarian enchilada casserole step by step
- preheat oven to 375.
- spray bottom and sides of a 9 X 13 pan with Pam..
- cook chicken and shred with forks..
- add chicken and salsa to a large sauce pan and simmer until sauce is reduced by a third..
- lay 3 tortillas in bottom of the pan.
- spread 1/3 of chicken over tortillas.
- spread 1/3 of cheese over the chicken.
- repeat two more times adding remainder of chicken and cheese to the top layer.
- place in the oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
This Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole is layered with black beans, green chiles, corn and lots of cheese. I start by cutting all of the corn tortillas in half. This helps when cutting the casserole as well as making sure the whole pan gets covered with tortillas.. It's not too spicy, so it's suitable for the whole family. We have this with a nice crisp green salad.