Creamy Coconut Mushroom & Potato Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian). Hello, Creamy Coconut Garlic Mushrooms, you are one incredibly delicious, creamy, silky, garlic-y, side dish. Ok, let's get real, "side dish" makes this sound like it's this measly little thing, you just toss beside the main focus. The addition of organic coconut milk, fresh herbs, and lemon juice are the secrets to bringing this dish together.
Especially on those busy nights when you rather not make that dreaded phone call again to the take-out gods. This creamy garlic mushroom recipe is as versatile as it is delicious. Served on toast or ciabatta, used as a pasta sauce, or just eaten on it's own, it definitely won't disappoint! You can have Creamy Coconut Mushroom & Potato Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian) using 28 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Coconut Mushroom & Potato Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian)
- You need of Spinach.
- Prepare of Paste – place in food processor.
- You need of Medium Red Onion (in food processor).
- It’s of Garlic Cloves (in food processor).
- It’s of " piece ginger peeled (in food processor).
- You need of Mustard Oil (in food processor).
- You need of Chilli (de seeded if you wish) (in food processor).
- It’s of Spice Mix.
- It’s of Ground Corriander.
- You need of Ground Cumin.
- It’s of Garam Masala.
- It’s of Tumeric Powder.
- Prepare of Cardamom Pods.
- It’s of Whole Cloves.
- It’s of Whole Star Anise.
- Prepare of Cayenne Pepper.
- You need of Mustard Seeds.
- Prepare of Fenugreek Seeds.
- You need of Others.
- You need of Chickpeas.
- Prepare of Small Can Coconut Cream (Approx 1 Cup).
- You need of Vegetable Stock.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper.
- You need of Produce.
- You need of Medium Potatoes (Approx 500gms) Cut into chunks.
- Prepare of Mushrooms (Cut into quarters).
- You need of Cherry tomatoes (or tomato cut into chunks).
It's been so long since I last posted a recipe myself. Babies and motherhood have been keeping me busy. Top with fried mushrooms, coconut flakes, a drizzle of extra coconut milk and garnish with herbs, if using. Introducing this one-skillet sautéed tempeh served in a creamy, peppery, and rich mushroom coconut sauce.
Creamy Coconut Mushroom & Potato Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian) step by step
- Prepare ingredients as per instructions (unfortunately I don't have a pic post prep).
- Add 'paste' ingredients to a food processor and blitz until a paste is created (unfortunately no pic of this also)..
- Add 1tbs oil to a pot and saute the 'paste' ingredients on low for at least approx. 5 minutes..
- Turn heat up slightly, add another tbs of oil and add the Spices and thoroughly stir regularly for a couple of minutes..
- Add the Potatoes, Chickpeas & Mushrooms to the pot and continue to stir coating them in the spice / paste mixture in the pan..
- Add the coconut cream, cherry tomatoes, stock and water. Mix, Cover pot and simmer on low for approx 30mins..
- After approx 30mins (or when potatoes are cooked through), turn off heat, add the spinach and stir. Cover and leave to sit for a couple of minutes (until spinach wilts)..
- Eg below of steamed Cauliflower Rice (placed in processor and then steamed for approx 6mins).
- Serve with chopped Corriander or Coconut Yoghurt 😁.
Tempeh is first cut into bite-size cubes. This soup is full of creamy, coconut-y, mushroom-y, quinoa-y goodness. The broth has the faintest sweetness from the coconut, the mushrooms have sopped up all that delicious flavor and the little quinoa pearls lend a unique texture to the soup that makes it hearty, but at the same time surprisingly light and refreshing. Melt coconut oil, oil or butter in a frying pan, when hot add the sliced mushrooms. Chop the garlic or place into a garlic press to crush.