Keto Breaded Chicken Cutlets. Ghee or avocado oil. lemon wedges, for serving. Repeat the same for the remaining chicken cutlets. If you want to enjoy breaded chicken, but are on a keto diet, this Keto Baked Breaded Chicken Breast recipe will surely satisfy.
Chicken breasts or chicken cutlets; Parmesan cheese; Almond flour; Even though this chicken is breaded, it's absolutely keto-friendly. Traditional bread crumbs will not work on a keto diet because they have too many carbs that can kick you out of ketosis, but there are plenty of other gluten-free and keto-friendly options which provide the. You can also make these easy chicken cutlets in a large skillet over the stovetop. You can cook Keto Breaded Chicken Cutlets using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Keto Breaded Chicken Cutlets
- Prepare 1 pounds of thinly sliced chicken breast.
- It’s of Kosher salt.
- It’s 1 1/3 cups of almond flour.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan.
- You need 1 teaspoons of paprika.
- It’s 1/3 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare of Ghee or avocado oil, for frying.
- It’s of Lemon wedges, for serving.
Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. In a third shallow bowl, combine panko, Parmesan, lemon zest, and cayenne. This recipe shows you how to turn boneless chicken breast halves into cutlets: "Place chicken breasts on a work surface and cover with waxed paper. Pound each breast with the smooth side of a meat mallet to an even thickness," recipe creator mrs.g says.
Keto Breaded Chicken Cutlets step by step
- If any of the chicken slices are thicker than 1/4 inch, pound them out one at a time between 2 sheets of plastic wrap with a meat mallet to a thickness of 1/4 inch..
- Lay out the chicken on a baking sheet or plate and sprinkle all over with salt and just enough of the almond flour to lightly coat both sides..
- Beat the eggs in a wide shallow bowl. In another wide, shallow bowl, mix the remaining almond flour with the Parmesan, paprika and garlic powder..
- Dip 1 to 2 slices of chicken in the eggs to coat. Let the excess drip off, then coat thoroughly in the almond flour-Parmesan mixture. Return to the baking sheet or plate and repeat with the remaining chicken..
- Heat 1/4 inch of ghee or avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add half the chicken and cook until golden on one side, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until golden on the other side, another 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and repeat with the remaining chicken, adding more ghee or oil if needed. Serve with lemon wedges..
If you are following some kind of low-carb diet or keto diet, chances are you probably miss eating breaded fried stuff. I'm sure you do just like I did too. The good news is, making keto chicken cutlets is just about as easy as making the classic version. With that being said, let's get cooking! Allow chicken breast to really sear before turning them over.