Low Carb Lasagna Adaptation. A low carb, keto-friendly adaptation of lasagna, this no noodle version features sliced chicken as protein noodles instead. Layers of meat and cheese topped with tomato sauce is a classic dinner option that everyone in the family will love–you won't even miss the noodles! Great recipe for Low Carb Lasagna Adaptation.
I changed up the cheeses some, but I'm hoping the. He made his Aunt Melissa's recipe, and I am making a Low Carb vegetarian Lasagna from Cooking Light Magazine. I changed up the cheeses some, but I'm hoping the grated Kraft Creamy Melt Italian Five Cheese. You can have Low Carb Lasagna Adaptation using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Low Carb Lasagna Adaptation
- It’s 2 Tsp of Canola Oil.
- It’s 1 of Diced Red Onion.
- It’s of Fresh Spinach.
- You need 3/4 Cup of Plain Low fat Yogurt (Kalona Supernatural Organic).
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Dean's Fat Free Milk.
- You need 2 (8 Oz) of packages of Kraft Creamy Melt Italian blend.
- You need 1.5 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 3 of Medium Eggs.
- You need 1 of Butternut Squash.
- You need of Cooking Spray.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Ricotta Cheese.
- You need of Shredded Gruyere Cheese.
- You need of Italian Spice Mix.
He made his Aunt Melissa's recipe, and I am making a Low Carb vegetarian Lasagna from Cooking Light Magazine. I changed up the cheeses some, but I'm hoping the grated Kraft Creamy Melt Italian Five Cheese. Yes, A Keto lasagna recipe which uses sliced eggplant as low carb noodles. I love posting great tasting vegetarian keto recipes for my low carb friends.
Low Carb Lasagna Adaptation instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Peel and slice the Squash into thin, Lasagna like slices. The original recipe suggested using a Mandolin to keep the slices of uniform thickness, but I'd recommend just slicing it as close to uniform as possible. Place the squash slices in an 8 oz square microwave safe glass baking dish, and microwave the squash slices for 4 minutes, covered with Saran Wrap. Remove the squash slices, and spray the glass dish with Cooking Spray..
- Roughly dice the red onion, and saute it with the garlic for about 4 minutes. Clean the spinach leaves, and wilt them in the pan with the onions and garlic..
- Get your blender out, and put yogurt, milk, and 1 Package of Kraft Creamy Melt cheese in the blender. Blend the mixture for 20 seconds. Add flour, salt, and eggs, then blend for another minute..
- Pour 1/2 Cup of the yogurt/milk sauce into the square glass baking pan. Place a layer of the microwaved Butternut Squash atop the yogurt/milk sauce in the baking pan. Layer the onion/garlic/wilted spinach mixture, Gruyere Cheese, and the remaining package of Kraft Creamy Melt Italian cheese, for 2-3 layers if possible. Pour the remaining yogurt mixture over the top of the layers, top it with more Gruyere, and sprinkle Italian Spice Mix on top of the cheese..
- Bake the mixture for 50 Minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and start the broiler. Broil the Lasagna for 4 more minutes to crisp the top. Let it rest for 15 minutes, and it should be ready to serve..
This low carb vegetarian lasagna is just my latest. Converting my delicious eggplant lasagna recipe with meat sauce into a suitable dish for keto vegetarians was easy. Free carb counter and keto diet tracker for the low carb and ketogenic diet. Track exercise, weight, ketones, blood glucose, and body measurements. Access keto meal plans and articles.