Low-carb Yogurt Chicken kebabs with steamed veggies. Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Yogurt Sauce. These Grilled Chicken Kabobs are marinated in lemon juice, olive oil, za'atar, and garlic and served with a cucumber yogurt sauce on the side. You can use either chicken breasts or thighs.
Place the kabobs on a baking rack. Although they have gotten a bad reputation as being the culprit of ever-expanding waistlines, carbs actually play an important role within the body. Carbohydrates are the body's main source of fuel. You can have Low-carb Yogurt Chicken kebabs with steamed veggies using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Low-carb Yogurt Chicken kebabs with steamed veggies
- Prepare 200 g of chicken breasts.
- Prepare of Ground cumin.
- It’s of Marinade.
- Prepare 50 g of 4% yogurt.
- Prepare 0.5 tsp of lemon zest.
- You need 0.25 tsp of lemon.
- You need 0.25 tsp of smoked papriks.
- Prepare of Cayenne pepper.
- It’s 0.25 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 0.5 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 0.25 tbsp of garlic.
- Prepare 0.25 tbsp of cumin.
Although you shouldn't completely eliminate carbs from your diet, keeping your daily intake. A rich curry and Greek yogurt-based marinade is the key to these radiant and juicy grilled low-carb chicken kebabs. This tender combo is served with thinly sliced beetroots and tangy cilantro vinaigrette. Let it steal the spotlight at your next grill party!
Low-carb Yogurt Chicken kebabs with steamed veggies step by step
- Mix together the ingredients for a marinade in a bowl. Place the chicken breast(already cut into 2.5cm chunks) in a sealable plastic bag then pour in the marinade. Squeeze out all the air from the bag. Mix and mash the chicken to completely cover it in marinade..
- Marinade in the fridge for at least 1 hour but for best results overnight. After marinade assemble the kabobs..
- Pre-heat oven to 215° C / 415° F.
- Evenly devide the kabob pieces into wooden skewers. Discard the leftover marinade from the chicken..
- Place the kabobs on a baking rack. Cook for 15-18 minutes, until the outer edges are brown and the chicken is cooked through..
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and your choice for a side dish. I suggest steamed veggies or basmati rice..
ADD reserved yogurt marinade to any garlic oil remaining in bowl. BRUSH hot chicken and vegetable skewers with yogurt/olive oil mixture. Arrange on serving dish, or serve over bed of green salad or rice. This healthy chicken recipe is made using greek yogurt, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese and garlic powder. What is even better is that this greek yogurt chicken dinner is amazingly simple, flavorful and so tender.