Low-Carb 'Bread'. Check Out Carb Zero Bread On eBay. A great low-carb alternative to bread or a standard bun, these English muffins are also free of grains, dairy, and soy. "Unlike many gluten-free or low-carb products, they're made with quality. Bread is one of the things that many people miss on a low-carb diet.
Although it's thinly sliced, we couldn't make a list of low-carb bread without including this killer brand (pun intended). Bread labeled "low-carb" can also have added sugar and may have very little nutritional value, so read the nutrition label carefully. If sugar, honey, molasses, fructose, appear high up on the ingredient list, it's a sign the loaf is high in sugar. You can have Low-Carb 'Bread' using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Low-Carb 'Bread'
- Prepare 6 of egg yolks.
- You need 6 of egg whites.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 cups (200 g) of almond flour.
- You need 1/3 cup (80 g) of oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- You need to taste of salt,.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar.
Bread is also high in carbs, so it's out of the question for people on low-carb diets. However, there are many alternatives that taste just as good as regular bread. Great Low Carb Bread Company caters to those looking for a great tasting low carbohydrate alternative to their favorite bread, bagels, buns, and pasta. There are lots of special low-carb breads sold in stores, but be careful!
Low-Carb 'Bread' step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)..
- Separate 6 eggs, placing the yolks in a large bowl and the the whites in a medium size bowl..
- Place the 2 whole eggs in the large bowl with the yolks and add the oil. 4. Beat together with a fork or whisk until smooth..
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt to the egg yolk mixture. Stir the mixture with a spatula until well incorporated and set aside..
- Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form..
- Use a rubber spatula to transfer ⅓ of the whipped egg whites to the almond mixture and gently fold the batter together..
- Add the next ⅓ of the whites to the batter and fold in until smooth..
- Gently fold in the remaining egg whites just until the batter is smooth and no white streaks remain..
- Line the bottom of an ungreased loaf pan with parchment paper and pour in the batter..
- Bake for 40 minutes, until the top has set and formed a golden crust..
- Let the loaf cool for 10 minutes before removing.
- Let the cake cool at room temperature for 1 hour before slicing..
They usually suffer from one of two common problems: The bread is full of carbs and the nutrition information is full of lies; The bread is not edible; A good example of the first problem was Julian Bakery's low-carb bread. Whether you're cutting back on carbs for a specific diet (such as Keto, Paleo, or Atkins), or you're a diabetic trying to manage your blood sugar levels, one of the hardest things to give up is bread. An easy low carb bread loaf is more quick and convenient to make than individual biscuits or buns. Even though the biscuits I make come together really fast, forming them still takes time. Finding a paleo bread loaf variation that works would be even faster!