Blackened parmesan tilapia (low carb). Some of the best dinner recipes out there are those that are the easiest. You do not need to spend hours in the kitchen cooking (and then cleaning) in order to enjoy a delicious, restaurant-worthy low carb meal. This recipe for parmesan crusted, oven baked tilapia is the perfect example of Blackened Atkins Low-Carb Tilapia Fillets.
In a separate shallow dish or plate, combine crust ingredients: parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, and salt. Dip both sides of each piece of tilapia in the egg mixture and then roll in the parmesan mixture to coat. You might also like this low carb pesto tilapia recipe. You can cook Blackened parmesan tilapia (low carb) using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blackened parmesan tilapia (low carb)
- Prepare 4 of thawed tilapia filets.
- You need 1 of blackening seasoning of your choice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 cup of grated parmesan.cheese.
In a small bowl mix together Parmesan cheese, butter, mayo, lemon juice and garlic. Add in all the remaining seasonings and salt if using; mix well and set aside. Arrange the fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan (you sprinkle salt on fish but it is not necessary). See more ideas about Recipes, Tilapia recipes, Low carb tilapia recipe.
Blackened parmesan tilapia (low carb) instructions
- Preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle each side of fish with blackening seasoning to taste.
- Cook 3 minutes on each side in a skillet on medium heat sprayed with nonstick spray..
- Place tilapia filets in a baking dish and spread mayonnaise over each piece.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly on each filet..
- Place in broiler approximately 3.minutes until cheese browns.
- If you feel fish isn't cooked enough… Put in a 400° oven for a few minutes.
- Fish should be flaky but not dry.
Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts. Comments: I loved the blackened spice mixture! I was able to control the spiciness level by making a homemade blend. In small bowl, beat eggs with water. In separate bowl, mix Parmesan, bread crumbs and olive oil.