Pork Belly and Kimchi Stir Fry. Stir fry kimchi and pork belly is so simple to make yet out of this world satisfying! This time of the year, when farmer's markets are closed, and fresh produce in grocery stores are so limited, I often reach for my fermented vegetables (sometimes I even run out supplies and have to go for store-bought). You can use pork fillet instead of pork belly, but pork belly will taste far better!
Add kimchi and fry for a while. Finally, add gochujang, light soy sauce and sugar. Kimchi and pork are a classic Korean duo. You can have Pork Belly and Kimchi Stir Fry using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pork Belly and Kimchi Stir Fry
- You need 200 g of Pork belly (thin sliced).
- You need 200 g of Kimchi.
- You need 1/2 of Onion (thin sliced).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Korean Chili Powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Sesami Oil.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Sake or Dry White Wine.
They are spotted together in soups, lettuce wraps, and might be coming soon to a theatre near you. Spoon stir-fried pork mixture over and around the tofu. Izakaya Ten in New York adds kimchi, the pungent Korean condiment, to a pork stir-fry. Fresh pork belly, available at Japanese markets, has the ideal fat-to-lean-meat ratio to temper the kimchi's.
Pork Belly and Kimchi Stir Fry step by step
- Marinate the pork belly and kimchi with 1 tablespoon and 1 chili powder about 30 minutes..
- Thinly Slice the onion..
- Heat oil in a medium high heat, stir fry marinated pork belly and kimchi for 3 minutes..
- Add the onion and spring onion and stir fry another 3-5minutes until onion is soften and browned..
- Sprinkle with small cut chive or spring onion and serve..
Add the Gochujang (Korean red pepper paste) and cook for another minute. Serve these pork belly kimchi bowls over steamed medium grain rice, and garnish with chopped scallions. Add pork belly and stir fry until cooked on the surface. Turn off the heat and stir in the spring onions while the contents are still hot. The brilliance of Buta Kimuchi is that kimchi is so flavorful, that it does not need much seasoning beyond its own pickling juices to create a wonderfully complex stir-fry.