Doctored-up Chocolate Cake with Sour Cream Fudgy Frosting. Ingredients of Doctored-up Chocolate Cake with Sour Cream Fudgy Frosting. A couple years ago a friend gave me her grandma's recipe for doctored-up cake mix chocolate cake. It uses extra eggs, sour cream, a pudding pack.
Using a small metal spatula, loosen sides of each cake layer. Place a wire rack on top of one pan; carefully invert pan with rack. Repeat with the remaining cake layer. You can have Doctored-up Chocolate Cake with Sour Cream Fudgy Frosting using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Doctored-up Chocolate Cake with Sour Cream Fudgy Frosting
- Prepare of For the cake:.
- Prepare 18 oz. of devil's food cake mix.
- You need 3 oz. of instant chocolate pudding mix.
- You need 1 c of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 c of vegetable oil.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 c of milk.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need pinch of sea salt.
- It’s 2 c of semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional).
- It’s of For the frosting:.
- Prepare 12 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare 8 oz of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 c of butter.
- It’s 4 1/2 c of sifted powdered sugar.
One of the ingredients that makes this cake so dang good is the sour cream. It adds a nice tang to the flavor and an extra level of moistness. Sour cream is a popular ingredient used in a lot of chocolate cake recipes giving it a similar flavor that you might get from using buttermilk or mayonnaise. Sift tog. flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
Doctored-up Chocolate Cake with Sour Cream Fudgy Frosting instructions
- Preheat oven to 350ºF..
- Beat together all of ingredients until smooth batter forms, reserving the chocolate chips if using..
- Mix in the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula. (optional).
- Divide batter into two 10-inch round baking pans (you can use other pans and baking times according to the directions on the cake mix box). Bake for 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Let cool before frosting..
- For the frosting, in large pan over low heat melt and stir semisweet chocolate pieces and butter. Cool 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Stir in powdered sugar; stir until smooth. Makes 4 cups..
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. This sour cream chocolate cake is moist, fudgy, completely delicious and so easy to make. It's the perfect old-fashioned chocolate cake recipe that everyone will love and enjoy at every party! Serve it alone or with ice cream and you're sure to get rave reviews. If you're looking for an easy.