Spicy Sweet & Sour Chicken. It tasted just like the title suggests – sweet and spicy. The only changes I made were to accidentally double the black pepper and to omit the poultry seasoning because I didn't have any. This is a recipe I would gladly make again and again!
The two key ingredients to me are hot red pepper flakes and sugar. If you have fresh herbs by all means use them, just remember you'll need more than amounts listed for dried. Spicy-Sweet Roasted Sweet Potatoes make a healthy side dish that's packed full of flavor. You can have Spicy Sweet & Sour Chicken using 26 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Sweet & Sour Chicken
- You need 1/3 of of whole Chicken bone-in pieces.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of White vinegar.
- You need 1/2 medium of Onion.
- Prepare 4 stick of escallion.
- You need 3 clove of garlics.
- It’s 3 of sprigs of thyme.
- Prepare 1 large of green bell pepper.
- You need 1 large of Red bell pepper.
- It’s 1/2 small of Habanero pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of All purpose chicken seasoning.
- You need 2 tbsp of BBQ spice.
- Prepare 1 pinch of of salt.
- It’s 3 each of eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Hot pepper sauce.
- You need 1 of SAUCE.
- Prepare 234 grams of Dole pineapple slices in heavy syrup.
- Prepare 235 ml of Pineapple juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of ketchup.
- You need 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 medium of carrot.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
They're coated in a spice mixture that is both sweet and spicy and then roasted in a hot oven until brown and crispy. I love the sweet taste of sweet potatoes and I love them even more in savory recipes with some spice than in straight up sweet recipes. Spicy sweet and sour sauce packs in so much flavor in such little space. It's a perfect dipping sauce for egg rolls or for use as a topper for sweet and sour chicken.
Spicy Sweet & Sour Chicken step by step
- cut chicken into small bite size cubed pieces. be sure to remove all skin and fat from the chicken..
- wash chicken in water and vinegar to remove the excess fatty residue from the chicken.
- Once the chicken is clean. cut up the escallion, garlic, thyme, onion, habanero pepper and to the chicken..
- add the salt, all purpose seasoning, and BBQ spice. use your hands to rub in the fresh and powdered seasoning into the chicken. Once all the pieces are coated with the seasoning cover and let stand for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours beats the eggs and add the hot pepper sauce in a container big enough to hold the chicken. re.
- remove the excess seasoning pieces from the chicken leaving it in the container. place the chicken in the egg mixture and let stand for a few minutes..
- place the flour in a large enough container to hold the chicken. One by one place the chicken in the flour to throughly coat all piecesa.
- add a skillet to stove on high heat and place vegetable oil for frying the chicken. Once the oil is hot enough place the pieces of chicken inside and cook thoroughly until golden brown.
- Once all the pieces are cooked remove and set aside.
- cut up in large cube sizes the green and red bell peppers, cut in long thin pieces the carrot and chop very finely the ginger and set aside in a container.
- in a another container make the sauce. cut up the pineapple slices in small bite sizes and combine with the heavy syrup, pineapple juice, soy soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, lime juice. taste and change as needed to suit your taste.
- reheat the skillet and add a table spoon of oil. add the left over seasoning from the chicken and sauté until cooked..
- add the sweet pepper carrot and ginger and sauté. when half cooked add the sauce and bring to a boil..
- Once boiling add the chicken stir and mix well. cover and let simmer on low heat until the green peppers and carrot are completely cooked but have a crunchy texture (not too soft)..
- remove from heat and serve!.
Cayenne pepper brings the blaze in this recipe – a half teaspoon adds a noticeable simmer, but feel free to experiment with a little more if you prefer a fierier sauce. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine sweet potatoes and oil. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Sweet-and-Spicy Barbecue Sauce Barbecue sauce is a true Southern specialty, and every region of the South has its own unique sauce profile. Whether you prefer tangy or sweet, vinegar or spice, barbecue sauces add that special something to every bite of your delicious plate of barbecue.