Nuae Namtok or Thai Spicy Grilled Beef Salad. Toast the rice in a dry frying pan over high heat until golden brown. Remove from heat and use a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder to grind rice to a fine powder. Thai nam tok neau (น้ำตกเนื้อ), with translates to beef waterfall salad, is a popular Thai dish of grilled meat (in this case beef), sliced into bite sized pieces, and dressed in fish sauce, lime juice, chili flakes, and lots of herbs.
Isarn-style grilled beef salad mixed with Thai herbs, such as lemongrass, mint leaves, saw-leaf, cilantro, and hot chilies. When you think of a Thai beef salad, you might think of Thai flavors in with your typical lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes. However the traditional 'waterfall beef', nam tok, is much simpler. You can cook Nuae Namtok or Thai Spicy Grilled Beef Salad using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nuae Namtok or Thai Spicy Grilled Beef Salad
- Prepare 300 grams of beef of your choice.
- Prepare 1 bunch of thai mints.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chili flake,or ground roasted chili.
- It’s 20 of birdeyes chili,or any hot chili you have.
- You need 2 of shallots,sliced.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic,sliced.
- Prepare 2/3 tbsp of ground roasted rice.
- You need 1 tbsp of fishsauce.
- Prepare 1 of sat to taste incase still not salty.
- You need 1 bunch of spring onion ,chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lime juice.
It has less 'salad' but is packed with delicious flavor, and is easy to make too. The result is a juicy salad with a tangy, spicy sauce that is quite a hit! (Nam Tok can also refer to a soup that is served in many street food stalls that make noodles. The flavor is different than the salad of the same name). Nam Tok Beef (Thai Beef Salad) Nam Tok can typically be found where Larb is sold and most Isaan, Northeastern Thai foods.
Nuae Namtok or Thai Spicy Grilled Beef Salad step by step
- Grill beef to medium ,or well done as your choice …slice..thinny …
- In mixing bowl,mix other ingredients ,add beef sliced,serve as for spicy dish in your meal,or as appetizer ,or in party ..hope you enjoy this 🙂 ,you can reduce chili as your preference :).
Incredibly flavorful Thai Beef Salad – Nam Tok – is salty, tart, and with a hint of spicy kick. With loads of fresh herbs and sweet blistered tomatoes, this Spicy Thai steak salad comes together in minutes and is the best low carb meat salad that can be served as a meal or a side dish for family gatherings. Mo Yang Nam Tok is a Thai meat salad made with grilled pork loin steak that has been thinly sliced. The Steak is heated with a little water, seasonings, ground rice, and herbs to make a thick salad dressing. We mix in a whole lot of fresh mint, cilantro, shallots and green onion to make a delicious salad.