Spicy Cucumber Salad. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, mix marinade ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar. Pour over vegetables; toss to combine.
This recipe uses simple ingredients that you should be able to find on the shelves at your regular grocery store. This spicy cucumber salad recipe is shared by vlogger Alpa Modi, on her YouTube Channel 'Something's Cooking With Alpa'. Here, she used salt, red chilli, soy sauce, sesame oil , sesame seeds , spring onion and a pinch of sugar to whip up this refreshing salad that can work as a perfect palate cleanser in your meal spread. You can have Spicy Cucumber Salad using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Cucumber Salad
- It’s 1 of large cucumber.
- Prepare 3 of Irish potato.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 of onion powder.
- It’s 1 of hot scotch bonnet pepper sauce.
- It’s 1 tin of sardine.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of finely shredded lettuce.
- Prepare of mayonnaise.
This Spicy Cucumber Salad is the BEST side salad! It's quick and easy to make, and the rice vinegar gives it an Asian flair. It's a simple healthy recipe that pairs well with almost any main dish. Note: The links in this post may be affiliate links.
Spicy Cucumber Salad step by step
- Wash and peel Irish potatoes. Place in a pot to boil along with the eggs. Add salt to the pot to taste..
- After checking if the potatoes are cooked, remove the eggs and place in a small bowl..
- In a large plate, cut cucumber into rounds and sprinkle lightly with salt. Set aside..
- Drain potatoes and place in a small bowl..
- Remove shell from eggs and cut in half. Remove the yolk and place egg whites atop cucumbers.
- Crush potatoes in the small bowl. Add black pepper, scotch bonnet pepper sauce, mayonnaise, finely shredded lettuce, the egg yolks and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle lightly with onion powder. Mix well..
- Add the mixture to the egg whites. Topped with sardine (optional). Serve with favorite salad dressing and fresh pineapple juice!!! .
Place sliced cucumber on a platter. Meanwhile combine vinegar, sugar, water and salt in a small saucepan and heat until sugar and salt are dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Whisk soy sauce, sugar, garlic, rice vinegar, sesame oil, hot chili oil, and red pepper flakes in a salad bowl. Stir in cucumbers to coat with dressing.