Spicy Armadillo Eggs. Armadillo Eggs made with jalapenos, cream cheese, sausage and bacon make a seriously tasty and spicy appetizer. You'll bite through bacon and sausage and into a gooey, cheesy whole jalapeno in the middle. Cut the peppers tops off and take out the seeds and the membrane.
Next time I may follow another viewers advice and cut the peppers in half. That should cut down on the pepper prep time. These armadillo eggs are a family. You can cook Spicy Armadillo Eggs using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Armadillo Eggs
- Prepare 6 of fresh jalapeños.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded chedder.
- You need 1 packages of hot breakfast sausage.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 6 slice of reg. bacon, or maple bacon.
These Armadillo Eggs are really a fun and unique recipe that is fun for parties. They are spicy but yet toned down by the cream cheese and shredded cheese that they are stuffed with! The peppers can be fresh or canned, just be sure you drain well if canned. You can also use the round mild.
Spicy Armadillo Eggs step by step
- Cut the peppers tops off and take out the seeds and the membrane.
- Stuff the peppers with the cheese.
- Cut you sausage/ beef mix into 6 portions and cover you stuffed peppers completely, if you like onions you can add some to your mix at this time Too..
- Wrap you peppers with a slice of bacon and toothpick it so it don't come loose.
- Throw them in the oven at 350 till the sausage is cooked through or pop them on the grill or smoke them.
- Enjoy with some raspberry preserves and a cold beer.
This version is fun because it uses the whole jalapeño instead of a half or quarter. Leave the stem on and it makes a cute handle for the appetizer. Smoked Armadillo Eggs Recipes / Spicy. Armadillo Eggs (stuffed jalapenos) Recipe by johnnie terry. The cheese and bacon are a great compliment to the jalapeno flavor and reduce the heat of the peppers.