Super-moist roast chicken with yams and broccoli. Super-moist roast chicken with yams and broccoli. Chicken quarters roasting with broccoli, brussels sprouts and yam pieces. Add some roasted beets and Romanesco broccoli if desired.
See recipes for Super-moist roast chicken with yams and broccoli too. Healthy one-pan chicken, sweet potatoes, and broccoli oven-roasted to perfection! This quick one-pan dish is packed full of flavor and is GREAT for meal prepping too! You can cook Super-moist roast chicken with yams and broccoli using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Super-moist roast chicken with yams and broccoli
- It’s of Brine.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of black peppercorns.
- It’s of Large handful of fresh herbs of your choice.
- You need 4 of chicken quarters.
- It’s of Chicken.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need of Veg.
- You need 2 of yams, chopped into 2 cm chunks.
- It’s 2 heads of broccoli, trimmed and chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, whole and skin-on.
- Prepare Handful of fresh thyme.
- You need 2 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sweet paprika.
Cooking this one-pan roasted chicken, broccoli & sweet potatoes is a breeze, and the result is a flavorful dish the entire family can enjoy. Add the chicken, skin-side down, and add the sweet potatoes scattered around the chicken. Meanwhile, make the sauce—in a small bowl, add the soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, and cayenne pepper and then whisk together. Toss the sweet potatoes with a generous drizzle of oil and some seasoning, and tip into a very large roasting tin.
Super-moist roast chicken with yams and broccoli instructions
- In a large, deep baking pan, combine the salt, sugar, peppercorns and herbs (I used thyme and tarragon) with several cups of cold water. Stir until the salt and sugar dissolves. Add the chicken quarters and enough extra cold water to submerge the chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, up to overnight..
- Preheat your oven to 425 F. Drain the chicken quarters and pat them dry. Rub them down with a few tbsp olive oil and sprinkle on the salt and garlic powder. Lay them skin-side up in a foil-lined baking tray and roast for 1 hour..
- In a large mixing bowl, toss all the veg ingredients together along with a good glug of olive oil, a large pinch of salt, and several grinds of black pepper. Spread the veg in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. At the 30 minute mark for the chicken, put the veg in the upper rack of the oven..
- Pull the chicken quarters from the oven and let them rest for at least 10 minutes. While waiting, give the veg a stir and put them back in the oven under a low broil. Let cook a few minutes just to toast the veg a bit. Serve everything together..
Push the potatoes to one end of the tin, then, in the other end, toss the chicken with the onions, spice mix, a drizzle of oil and some seasoning. In a large bowl, mix together chopped veggies with olive oil and seasoning mixture, tossing well to evenly coat. Wash and dry broccoli and sweet potato thoroughly. Cut florets from the stalk and set aside. Cut sweet potato into even sized cubes.