Spaghetti Balls and Meat sauce. The meat sauce is so simple to make. I used a combination of ground beef and italian sausage, with some classic herbs in a rich tomato sauce. All you have to do is ladle the meat sauce into a bowl, then top with your spaghetti balls!
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce and paste, water, parsley, sugar, basil and pepper. Uncover the sauce during the last half hour to thicken up the sauce. You can cook Spaghetti Balls and Meat sauce using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Balls and Meat sauce
- It’s 500 g of spaghetti (uncooked).
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1 1/2 of Monterey jack cheese.
- You need 1 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 2 Tbsp of parsley flakes.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Serve sauce and meatballs over spaghetti. I simply loved this recipe as it resembled on of my own. If not, start forming the meat into balls about the size of ping pong balls.
Spaghetti Balls and Meat sauce step by step
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water and return to pot..
- Add all ingredients to pot and mix thoroughly with hands.
- Using a large icecream scoop. Scoop mixture and press against side of pot to cut excess off. Release from scoop directly into deep fryer that has been preheated to 300°F.
- Deep fry for 3 minutes..
- Use your favorite meat sauce and plate it with sauce, then the balls on top..
Fry the balls in batches until well browned all over. For the meatballs, mix together the beef, garlic and herbs along with a decent pinch of salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add the olive oil. Serve hot on cooked spaghetti and pass the grated Parmesan. Freeze just the meatballs and meatball sauce, then reheat from frozen and stir in freshly cooked pasta.