relleno de papa ( stuffed potato). The mixture should be pretty thick and dry. Add a slightly beaten egg and mix well. Let the potatoes sit to cool down.
Total time includes needed cooling of the potatoes and picadillo. Balls of mashed potatoes are filled with picadillo (a ground beef hash which is so flavorful it gives taco meat a run for its money), then fried until golden brown and crispy. They are probably my favorite Puerto Rican appetizer! You can have relleno de papa ( stuffed potato) using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of relleno de papa ( stuffed potato)
- It’s 2 lb of potato.
- You need 8 cup of water.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tsp of corn starch.
- It’s 6 cup of oil ( enough to deep fry them in).
- It’s 2 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 tbsp of racaito.
- It’s 1 dash of sazon total.
- It’s 1 dash of garlic powder.
Puerto Rican papas rellenas, or rellenos de papa as they are called, have a bit of a story in my family history. How to Make Rellenos De Papa(stuffed Potato Balls) . Take a scoop full of potato, Scoop some out into your hands and start flattening it down with your fingers until rounded. Juicy meat filling with vegetables, wrapped in creamy mashed potatoes.
relleno de papa ( stuffed potato) instructions
- bring pot of water to boil. add potato..
- boil potato for 20 minutes.drain and peel potato..
- then mash them and add the butter, egg, corn starch, and 1/2 tsp. of salt..
- Mix well and place in the refrigerator to cool down..
- Meanwhile, make the picadillo ( meat).
- as meat is cooking add seasoning little by little until its to your liking.
- remove from heat, cover and let cool down..
- Divide the potato mix in about 10 pieces. Flour your hands with corn starch or flour so the dough won't stick to your hands. Take one piece of the potato section and spread the mix on the palm of your hand. Make a well in the center of the mix and place some meat filling in the center. Fold all sides to cover well and make a potato ball. Make sure to use as much corn starch or flour needed, to flour your hands so the dough won't stick..
- Now do the same to all the pieces until all are done. In a deep fryer or deep frying pan, place plenty of vegetable oil to cover the potato ball and deep fry the balls until golden. Place the golden potato balls to drain on paper towels..
- Enjoy ;).
The surprise of a piece of hard-boiled egg and an olive. In the end, a hint of spiciness from the llajua. Rellenos de papa (stuffed potato balls) recipe: deep fry genius creation of potato meets savory picadillo and then covered in a crusty heaven! Picadillo (ground beef hash) is surrounded by creamy, smooth mashed potatoes and then rolled in cornstarch, panko breadcrumbs and fried to golden brown perfection. In this classic Puerto Rican recipe for rellenos de papa, a potato dough is stuffed with a savory picadillo and then fried to golden perfection.