Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken and Apples. Oven roasted, cheesy prosciutto-wrapped chicken with Honeycrisp apples, roasted garlic, a little crispy sage, and browned butter. All served in a delicious white wine and cider pan sauce…for good measure. It doesn't get simpler, cozier, or more delicious than this crispy prosciutto chicken.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Transfer the chicken to the prepared skillet. Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken and Apples step by step. You can cook Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken and Apples using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken and Apples
- It’s 8 of chicken cutlets, or 4 boneless chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 8 tsp of apple butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of crumbled blue cheese.
- You need 8 of thin slices proscuitto.
- It’s 4 of shallots halved.
- You need 8 of garlic cloves, smashed.
- Prepare 2 of honeycrisp apples, cut into 16 wedges.
- You need 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- You need 4 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- You need 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbs of salted butter.
- You need 12 of fresh sage leaves.
- You need 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- You need 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
Grease an oven-safe skillet with olive oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Transfer the chicken to the prepared skillet. Ingredients of Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken and Apples.
Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken and Apples step by step
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Grease an oven-safe skillet with olive oil..
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Spread each cutlet with 1 tsp apple butter, then top with cheese. Wrap 1 piece of prosciutto around each cutlet. Transfer the chicken to the prepared skillet. Arrange the shallots, garlic, and apples around the chicken. Add the rosemary and thyme. Drizzle olive oil over the apples, season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked..
- Remove from the over and switch the oven to broil. Remove the apples from the skillet to a plate. Return the chicken to the oven and broil for 1-2 minutes, until the prosciutto is crisp. WATCH CLOSELY. Remove from the oven and place the chicken on the plate with the apples..
- Place the skillet with the shallots and garlic over medium heat. Add the butter and sage. Cook 1-2 minutes, until the butter is browned and the sage crisp. Remove the sage from the skillet and add to the plate with the chicken..
- To the skillet, add the wine and cider. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 5 minutes, until reduced by half. Slide the chicken and apples back into the skillet, simmer 1 minute. Remove from the heat..
- Serve the chicken topped with apples. Drizzle over any pan sauce..
You need of salt and pepper. Here is how you achieve that. Place chicken fillets on a board. Sprinkle with rosemary and season with pepper. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.