Oven steamed sea trout. Oven steamed sea trout fillets, this works better than wrapping fish parcels in aluminium foil. The recipe for sea trout or salmon steamed in the oven works in an ordinary oven, steam provided in a pan with boiling water. Great recipe for Oven steamed sea trout.
Duck is an accommodating bird – crispy Peking is as nice a thing as duck magret à point. Asian Style Oven Steamed Trout came to be because I was going to make my recipe for Baked Aromatic Trout. I was going to make that dish because I hated the photo and I wanted a redo. You can cook Oven steamed sea trout using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oven steamed sea trout
- You need 1 of sea trout, filleted and skinned (about 600g for 4 people).
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of smoked salt.
- It’s of black pepper.
- Prepare of juice from 1 lemon.
- It’s 1/2 bunch of fresh dill, chopped finely.
- You need of To serve:.
- Prepare 200 g of fresh samphire.
- It’s of quartered lemon.
Wrap fish in a single layer of cheesecloth, and place in a fish poacher or on a rack in a baking pan. Pan-fried Sea Trout, Peas & Chorizo Fricassée BBC Good Food. Delia's Chinese Steamed Trout with Ginger and Spring Onions recipe. As with salmon, trout is slightly higher in fat, but still very low compared with meat.
Oven steamed sea trout step by step
- If you’re a lucky owner of an oven with moisture injection function (but not steam oven), just set the oven to the appropriate programme at 130C/250F. The rest of us proceed as below..
- Rinse and pat dry the sea trout sides, and cut them into portions of about 150g per person..
- Preheat the oven to 130C/250F/gas ½..
- Arrange one rack in the top half of the oven, with another rack in the bottom half, with space enough to put a cast iron skillet or a frying pan on the lower shelf..
- Pick the samphire off the toughest, woody stems and rinse with cold water. Place it in a pan with enough water to cover it..
- Season the sea trout with the smoked salt and pepper, drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil and arrange on a thin baking sheet. Sprinkle half the dill over the fish..
- Boil water in a cast iron skillet or a heavy frying pan and put in the oven on the lower rack; place the fish on the top rack and close the oven door immediately..
- Bake the trout for 10 minutes; it will turn very pale pink. In the meantime bring the samphire to the boil, drain, return to the pan and keep warm..
- Serve the trout fillets on a bed of samphire, sprinkled with the reserved dill and with the lemon quarters on the side..
The fat in both trout and salmon is the good kind we all need to include in our diets. If you're wondering what the pink bits are in the photograph, they're pink spring onions, which looked very pretty the day we took the Spicy baked sea trout with lemon butter sauce is an easy recipe but has a rich deep flavor. The sauce is seasoned with onion, paprik and red pepper. flakes Sea trout fishing down south was poor this year compared to last year, although we did manage to bring home some beautiful sea trout, flounder and whiting fillets. You can buy trout as whole fish that have been gutted and cleaned (like in our photos) or as fillets. For this recipe, we're using whole trout.