Mama's Crockpot Carne Cerdo Guisada. Along came a guisada, though not authentic! Typically, this is served with a rice or tortillas or both. Great recipe for Mama's Crockpot Carne Cerdo Guisada.
Typically, this is served with a rice or tortillas or both. Here is another way to achieve a delicious carne guisada. This recipe is using my good ol' crock pot. You can have Mama's Crockpot Carne Cerdo Guisada using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mama's Crockpot Carne Cerdo Guisada
- You need 1.5 lbs of stew meat.
- It’s 1 lb of ground sausage.
- Prepare 16 oz of tomato pepper broth.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground black pepper, paprika.
- You need 1 1/2 of tsps seasoning salt, salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- It’s 5 cans of black beans, drained.
- It’s 1 can of corn, drained.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 of tomatoes, optional.
- You need 4 tablespoons of flour.
I also have a stove top recipe. Carne de res is how you say "beef" and it often gets shortened to just "carne." Authentic carne asada is grilled and carne guisada is stewed. Carne guisada is a comforting, filling, flavorful dinner that is traditionally served with homemade flour tortillas, rice and beans. We love carne guisada around our house.
Mama's Crockpot Carne Cerdo Guisada step by step
- Dice onion, mince garlic.
- Separate all meat to bite size.
- Drain beans and corn.
- Put everything in crockpot.
- Cook on low 4 to 6 hours.
This is a really easy recipe! FYI: I always go to my local meat market and have them cut a good looking rump roast into stew meat. It saves me the time of having to cube the meat myself and that way i get to pick out the best cut of meat. Drain juice from tomatoes into measuring cup. Add tomatoes, garlic, and onions to crock pot.