Grilled rice in banana leaves #Asia food. Prepare your banana leaves, you are going to roll all of the rice in those banana leaves like you roll a sushi, so adjust the measurement as you like. Place banana half in center of sticky rice. Fold banana leaf over to encase banana completely in rice.
We like to eat it hot off the grill with coconut sauce and toasted sesame seeds. What fascinates me about this popular Southern Vietnamese street snack is how many different flavors and textures are packed in it, although very few ingredients. Banana leaves have a strong side and a fragile side – keep this in mind. You can have Grilled rice in banana leaves #Asia food using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled rice in banana leaves #Asia food
- Prepare 4 scoop of cooked rice.
- Prepare 8 leaves of Banana.
- It’s 200 gr of Steamed fish/boiled chicken.
- It’s 1 of cayenne pepper (chopped).
- It’s 3 of red chili pepper.
- Prepare 4 of onions (chopped).
- It’s 9 of red onions (chopped).
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Buillon powder.
- You need of Sugar.
- It’s 8 of Toothpicks.
- You need 3 of long beans.
- It’s 1 of Carrot.
- It’s 4 leaves of lemon basil/kemangi leaves.
- Prepare 1 of laos galanga.
- Prepare 2 of candlenut.
- Prepare 4 of quaill eggs (boiled).
- You need of Frying oil.
- Prepare of Water.
- It’s 2 of Tomatoes.
- It’s 4 slices of cucumbar.
- You need 4 of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of Serundeng/fried coconut flakes (optional).
Take two of the banana leaf pieces, with the white dull side up (green shiny side down), and give the leaves a quick wipe with a wet cloth. Take two white fish, wrap in banana leaves. Make sweet soy dressing and lemongrass dressing. Marinated fish is wrapped in banana leaves and grilled until it is cooked.
Grilled rice in banana leaves #Asia food instructions
- Break apart the boiled chicken or fish u have, into small bite size with your hands or a fork..
- This is how the ingredients look alike.
- Cut banana leaves into 2 sizes: 20 cm and 15 cm in width (approximately).
- Heat pan with about 2 tbsp oil in a medium heat then add 2 chopped garlic, stir fry until fragnant then add 4 chopped red onion and cayenne pepper. Then add boiled fish or chicken n add 1/2 part of small laos galangal and 1 candlenut. Stir fry it then add a pinch of salt n pepper, a pinch of sugar, a pinch of buillon powder and about 1/2 tsp black soy sauce. Stir fry it n Test taste..
- In another pan, stir fry chopped 2 garlic, chopped 5 red onions, 1/2 part of small laos galangal, chopped carrot and chopped long beans then Stir fry at abot 30second then add about 1 liter of water. Rest for about 1 minute. Then set aside.
- Prepare the sambal. Fry tomatoes, candlenut n cayenne pepper for 30 second then Blend tomatoes, 1 candlenut, 2 cayenne pepper, a pinch of salt n sugar. Then set aside. Btw i use stone here not blender lol.
- Take 2 banana leaves, each 20 cm and 15 cm wide and lay them flat on the table Put the smaller leave on top of the bigger leave.
- Next, add 1 to 2 tbsp of fish or chicken on top of the rice then add chopped beans n carrot, quaill egg, add serundeng(fry coconut flakes) if u have,add sliced cucumbar n sambal, add kemangi/lemon basil..
- Fold the left side of the banana leaves and bring to the center. Then fold the right side of the banana leaves on top of the left side, make sure the parcel is fold tightly. Secure the top side of the folded banana leaves with a tooth pick. And secure the other side of the folded banana leaves with same technique..
- Grill it!! I grill it on stove lol. For about 10 minutes. Dont forget to make every side grilled.
- Best serve warm/hot.
Ther are different popular recipes of fish like fish pulusu, fish curry, and fish fry. Similarly, this is also a tasty recipe and great with boiled rice Moreover, banana leaf locks the flavors, moist of the fish and turns the fish yummy and juicy. Stir through the Kaffir lime juice and basil leaves and remove from the heat. Spread with a large spoonful of rice and top with half of the prawn curry. Roll into a parcel and secure with a bamboo skewer. Pulut panggang – grilled stuffed glutinous rice in banana leaves Happy hump day, friends .