Green Bean Fries. In one bowl, whisk the egg and milk together. In a separate bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder. Drain the green beans and toss with flour to coat, shaking off the excess.
Whisk the eggs and milk together in another. Toss the green beans in the flour and shake off the excess. One at a time, dip the beans in the egg mixture, dredge in the breadcrumb mixture and lay on the prepared baking sheet. You can cook Green Bean Fries using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Green Bean Fries
- You need 1 lb. of fresh green beans.
- It’s 1/3 c. of flour.
- It’s 1 c. of Panko crumbs.
- You need 1 c. of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- You need 2 of lg. eggs, beaten.
Serve alongside some chicken, pork chops or at Thanksgiving with the turkey! Working in batches, dredge green beans in flour, then dip green beans in eggs and toss in bread crumbs. Crispy Baked Green Bean Fries If you can bread a chicken breast cutlet, you can make super-crunchy green bean fries in your oven. It's the same concept: Dredge fresh trimmed beans in flour, dunk in egg wash, and then coat them with a combination of panko and cornmeal for a guaranteed crispy coating.
Green Bean Fries instructions
- Wash beans and pat dry with paper towels..
- Set up 3-container dredging station: 1) beaten eggs in shallow rectangular dish, 2) flour on paper plate, and 3) Panko, parmesan cheese, and garlic powder on another paper plate..
- Dredge each green bean in flour, then egg, then Panko-parm mixture. When in the Panko mixture, bury the bean completely and press firmly with your palm so it adheres well..
- Set each dredged bean on baking sheet so they don't touch..
- Cooking methods (choose ONE): Oven bake: 400°F about 10 min. Air fryer: 350° about 8 min. Deep fryer: 350° about 3 min. (until golden brown).
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping condiment. (I prefer them without.).
Dip the green beans in the egg, then coat with the panko bread crumb mixture. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray, then line the green beans up in a single layer across the pan. Working in batches, dredge green beans in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in Panko mixture, pressing to coat. Place green beans in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Crispy Baked Green Bean Fries are simple, roasted, the perfect amount of salty, and excellently crisp.