Crockpot Taco Chicken . Enjoy them very simply, just rolled in tortillas … or create a festive taco bar featuring your family's favorite toppings! ~ Dissolve taco seasoning into chicken broth. Place chicken breasts in crock pot and pour chicken broth over. With two forks, shred the chicken meat into bite-size pieces.
CrockPot Chicken Tacos are an easy family favorite meal! A handful of ingredients tossed into the slow cooker makes the most tender flavorful chicken for tacos (or for Chicken Enchiladas, burritos, loaded nachos and more)!. Add chicken breasts, salsa, tomatoes and seasoning and let the slow cooker do all of the work. You can cook Crockpot Taco Chicken using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Taco Chicken
- Prepare 2 packs of boneless/ skinless chicken thighs.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of taco seasoning.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of salsa (your favorite!).
- You need 1 of onion, sliced.
- You need 12 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need of Flour tortillas.
- Prepare of Shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Sour cream.
- It’s of Salsa (your favorite!).
- Prepare of Lettuce/ Tomatoes.
In your slow cooker, mix the salsa, lime juice, taco seasoning, and cilantro. Salt and pepper the chicken to taste, then mix into the sauce. Cover and cook on high for four hours or low for seven to eight hours. Remove the chicken, shred with two forks, and return to the slow cooker and stir.
Crockpot Taco Chicken step by step
- Rinse and pat dry your chicken thighs……..
- Place thighs in crockpot…….
- Add to chicken thighs taco seasoning, black pepper, salsa, onion and garlic, mix lightly…….
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours, stirring occasionally and leaving lid to crockpot slightly opened halfway thru cooking…….
- Shred chicken with 2 forks…….
- Serve shredded chicken on top of flour tortillas and garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, lettuce and tomatoes and enjoy !!!.
Freeze leftovers in an airtight bag for up to six. Chicken tacos are a popular dinner in my house. We love tacos because they are so customizable. You can switch up the meat, toppings, and tortillas, so you may never eat the same taco twice! Kids (and adults) gobble this up!